Bic cats aroaming on Snowdon...

chrisjpainter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the DWAA in 1976 there were loads of these big cats turned out into the wild by their owners who had little other choice. Most of them were subsequently caught or shot by the then Ministry of Agriculture on the quiet. That was forty odd years ago though. Could they have survived and bred all these years? 

3 minutes ago, team tractor said:

They 100% exist and I was a none believer. I’ve had one on a trail cam years ago . When it walked across my camera I was shaking 😁. I have a clip of around 5 seconds and it’s gone again 

I’m sure I’ve asked this before when it came up... post the video!

2 minutes ago, team tractor said:

They 100% exist and I was a none believer. I’ve had one on a trail cam years ago . When it walked across my camera I was shaking 😁. I have a clip of around 5 seconds and it’s gone again 

Go on then, post the video?

The amount of thermal cameras out there now, and night vision, id have thought there’d be some solid evidence by now.

Also, around snowdonia, surely the number of missing sheep or pets would be noticeable. And surely some evidence of a large predator on carcasses, perhaps left dangling in a tree, don’t panthers drag their kills up a tree?

12 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I promised the landowner I’d never share it as he’s worried about people searching his land . 

Then don’t tell anyone where it was?

I have a video of Bigfoot, not just a video, but a 20 minute interview. But I promised never to show it because he’s shy.

44 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I saw something in mid-west wales a few years ago and posted it on here - was it a non-native - I don't know for sure but it sure as hell wasn't Doris's little kitty from next door 😂

1 minute ago, Munzy said:

Admirable but just don’t say where it was filmed.

I know what your saying but I really did promise the guy and I’d loose trust and deer stalking rights . 

27 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

Go on then, post the video?

The amount of thermal cameras out there now, and night vision, id have thought there’d be some solid evidence by now.

Also, around snowdonia, surely the number of missing sheep or pets would be noticeable. And surely some evidence of a large predator on carcasses, perhaps left dangling in a tree, don’t panthers drag their kills up a tree?

Then don’t tell anyone where it was?

I have a video of Bigfoot, not just a video, but a 20 minute interview. But I promised never to show it because he’s shy.

What’s he like ? Maybe he suffers with anxiety. 
a promise is a promise and after my year I have to stick to it. 

16 minutes ago, discobob said:

I saw something in mid-west wales a few years ago and posted it on here - was it a non-native - I don't know for sure but it sure as hell wasn't Doris's little kitty from next door 😂

This thing was 2ft tall at least and walked under my high seat . Definitely not Doris’s kitty 😂

39 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I know what your saying but I really did promise the guy and I’d loose trust and deer stalking rights . 

What’s he like ? Maybe he suffers with anxiety. 
a promise is a promise and after my year I have to stick to it. 

This thing was 2ft tall at least and walked under my high seat . Definitely not Doris’s kitty 😂

You must understand though, that I and many others can’t believe you in the slightest then?

also, if they had survived this long in the countryside, then that would mean there’s a few. Which would likely mean there wouldn’t be any need for deer shooting in the area.

Edited by southeastpete

32 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I saw it just as it was going up a bank and through the hedgerow at the side of the road as I drove round a bend - it wasn't a fox and was definitely feline. No photo's though!

1 hour ago, southeastpete said:

You must understand though, that I and many others can’t believe you in the slightest then?

also, if they had survived this long in the countryside, then that would mean there’s a few. Which would likely mean there wouldn’t be any need for deer shooting in the area.

I couldn’t careless what you think but I personally know around 20-30 guys on here and they know I only speak the truth . my word is my word to the landowner and thats more important to me 

1 minute ago, team tractor said:

I couldn’t careless what you think but I personally know around 20-30 guys on here and they know I only speak the truth . my word is my word to the landowner and thats more important to me 

I’m with you TT, a man of his word. I remember talking to you about it. No question in my mind. 👍

Prior to 1976 you could keep them as a pet in the house and lots of people did, it was considered 'trendy'.

I can remember as a kid being taken by my uncle to Club Row, an open air market near the docks in London and seeing them for sale, along with parrots and monkeys. All straight off a boat. I even remember stroking one.

My uncle used to buy goats there

1 minute ago, Vince Green said:

Prior to 1976 you could keep them as a pet in the house and lots of people did, it was considered 'trendy'.

I can remember as a kid being taken by my uncle to Club Row, an open air market near the docks in London and seeing them for sale, along with parrots and monkeys. All straight off a boat. I even remember stroking one.

My uncle used to buy goats there

Your not kidding 

2 hours ago, southeastpete said:

Why not? That's a pretty bleak way of looking at mankind. What evidence have you to say TT's unreliable? Everything you could glean from this forum about TT would suggest as a witness, his word would be credible on any other subject. Plus this is camera trap footage. Even if TT had never seen any form of big cat before on a trap, I'm sure he's observant and knowledgeable enough to see it on the trap and be able to rule out a sika, muntjac, red, fallow, CWD, roe, fox, badger, otter, mink, hedgehog, vole, eagle, buzzard, red kite, goose, pangolin... or anything else that might wander past. 

In a way, I'm assuming you genuinely don't believe him, as I'd prefer that to just trying to goad a chap into breaking his word. That would be very bad form.

I'm sceptical of a sustainable population of big cats, but as has already been mentioned, escapes happen. And as for making a difference to the deer population so as to affect the shooting, you'd need a fair few of them killing regularly to do that. But one off escapes would take prey regularly enough to live without you even noticing deer were less abundant

I know of 2 instances of big cats in west wales, 1 in Tregaron where before the liceneces, a scrap man had 1 chained up then released it. That was before my time but people used to talk about it from years past as it lasted a few years before it disappeared.

The other, told to me from the farm I shot on and his family who had all seen it, had lost lambs to it which I'd seen photos of the carcasses in various positions. I hated lamping there, I used to carry the shotgun with ssg in on my shoulder and my rifle in hand. Tiring walk round that was those nights. This was also before the time of thermal and affordable nv. I'll pop in and see him when lock downs lifted and see what ever happened.