Unplanned

Jacko3275

Well today I had a busy day first a friends father in-law who has decided to retire from pigeon shooting invited me to collect all his gear if I wanted it nets poles decoys n a magnet on top all this kit was his semi auto beretta all this and he refused any payment .... next was a two hour drive to go look at was is now my new gun a miruko 6000sp lovely gun  as I was driving down Jdog rang me know I was going to look at the new gun to see if I would be interested in some flightline shooting to break it in of coarse I said yes even though i had told him prior I wouldn’t be shooting this weekend as I had to go to the caravan and strip the veranda away and pack it up ready for them moving it .. I met Jdog at around 1230  and we walking to where Jdog had seen hundreds of pigeons you could see them flying in to a spinny where we would stand the wind was strong and these birds looked difficult  within ten minutes of being in the trees Jdog had hit three beauties I had a couple of shots with the new gun but couldnt react quick enough .. finally there was one I had watch come from a distance and I took it at last first kill for the new gun  the flightline as they do decided to move to our left so I went to stand there and  low and behold it decided to stop  we packed up with 9 picked ... loving this flightline shooting it’s hard but when you hit that one screamer it just makes your day ....ps packed the van up and then drove home 😁😁😁

11 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Sounds like a productive but tiring day. What a great gesture by the old boy packing up. You have his address, could send him a hamper of cheese and port etc. 

That’s my plan gonna put him a nice hamper together with what ever is favourite tipple is also he likes  rabbit so any I do get I will take for him

The gun that Jacko bought was advertised locally to me and I went to see it. It was a perfect match for one of my Miroku 6000s and I would have bought it had Jacko not claimed first dibs as he saw the advert first.

I will not be asking him out again.

The pigeons were terrific on the wind, each pigeon worth ten decoyed birds. One crosser that Jacko shot was worth twenty.

the way jacko is thinking is that "Mr J Woof-Woof's " gun is a perfect match to make a matching pair for his new gun........and word has it he his dilergently looking for some blue -green algea to drop in someones tea when "they" run out of cartridges,.........HHHHmmm:hmm: