New things at the old hide.

Big Al

30 minutes ago, flippermaj said:

Hi Al, another great vid.  The quality of the old vids was good but I think there is a notable improvement in quality with the new camera.  Shame about the greylag not making the scene!

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback- I'm having a bit of bother with the new (to me)  camera. I missed a full day's pheasant shooting as it wasn't picking up the sd card. Next time, both will go out so I can resort to plan B if that happens again.

Rab also thought it was better quality- both picture and sound, especially as it was in the completely waterproof case. 

1 minute ago, captainhastings said:

Lovely video again I do enjoy them 

Thanks - your comments are always appreciated. 

6 hours ago, greylag said:

Yet another brilliant video.Pity about not getting the geese on film,but nevertheless it is always a pleasure to watch you and the dogs having such a good time.

Are you being effected by lockdown.

Thanks greylag. Lockdown isn't hugely affecting us yet. Outdoor sport is fine for groups under 15 as long as social distancing etc observed. I should also state that this clip was made just before current restrictions were put in place (these clips usually run a week or more behind.)

We had our first pheasant day on Saturday.The shoot carried out a risk assessment and put measures in place. The cottage we usually gather in was locked up (and no fire). Socially distanced lunch at our own cars seemed very antisocial, but had to be done.

2 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I think thats the first time geese have appeared in any of your Lough Neagh videos, although I might be mistaken.
I am surprised you don't see more there. 

There was one other, but they are like hens teeth here. 

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Definitely improved picture quality, and I loved the opening music.

👍 Thanks. It's a pity there's a fault with the sd card slot. Was out this morning and had to switch to the old camera because of it.

1 hour ago, greylag said:

Well done ,I do hope the restrictions remain sensible and you are able to continue your adventures.,wildfowlers are not renowned for being sociable,and it is so easy to self distance when out on a pheasant day. Thanks again for your videos.

And thank you for your comments. Hopefully we'll get a full season out of it. I'm really enjoying my shooting this year.