22 fac air which rifle

oowee

I've always been well chuffed with my FAC Ben Taylor and Son FX Cyclone carbine. Being lightweight and compact there's only 40 shots per fill -which I match up with 5x 8 pellet mags. When the pellets are gone its time for a refill, they do not have a gauge. They are no longer available new but believe there are current similar alternatives 

I loved my FAC Daystate Huntsman.  30 shots but that was plenty as every 10-12 rabbits I would be back to the car to drop them off rather than carrying them anyway so I refilled magazines and topped up on air then. And if shooting from the vehicle the cylinder was always in the back ! 

I have read a heard a fair bit about the FX range leaking seals. Also it must fit well on sticks so some of the bullpups will be out as the rest points are two narrow. The dreamline light looks like it would work well and its the same style as my .223 making a very stable shooting platform. It has to be 100% reliable. I was wondering about AA s510 which gets decent reviews. 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, what ft llb power  you looking for

Needs to be up around 950fps which would work out at around 30 ftlb or so.

32 minutes ago, oowee said:

I have read a heard a fair bit about the FX range leaking seals. Also it must fit well on sticks so some of the bullpups will be out as the rest points are two narrow. The dreamline light looks like it would work well and its the same style as my .223 making a very stable shooting platform. It has to be 100% reliable. I was wondering about AA s510 which gets decent reviews. 

510 is probably bulletproof,  you don't read much bad about them but they are long.

Any gun can leak on the seals, I'd look at something second hand and have it tuned/serviced to meet your needs.

How far are you shooting? Different rifles might suit better than others.

Any of the FX range will shoot off sticks, the fac versions are a bit longer for the Dreamline and wildcat. 

If your shooting at closer ranges with night vision a Leshiy2 fac could be the perfect tool.

8 hours ago, oowee said:

Hello, BSA R10 MK 2 FAC ? Not sure if the FX Veminator MK 2 is done in FAC but my MK 1 is spot on, .Royal 400 ? 30 ft llb, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I was watching a guy on YouTube last night shooting his fx crown at 207 yards (not matt dubber). Shooting aspirin off a golf tee. That was in 25 mind. I'm going through the same dilemma but I want a 25 with a traditional stock, I'm too lanky to be using a bullpup. I'm thinking s510 and fx crown, maybe fx Royal. I don't want a gun which can't be worked on or get spares for easily. I think for once, if im going to bother spending ridiculous money on a airgun I'm going to get a decent known brand. Secondhand tho 😂 

How lanky are you Strimmer I'm 6'3" and find the FX impact fine, Gerhardt off YouTube isn't a small guy either. An adjustable buttpad can make it to whatever you want.

The FX barrels don't mark the pellets as much as lw or cz barrels so give better BC at longer range 

5 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I was watching a guy on YouTube last night shooting his fx crown at 207 yards (not matt dubber). Shooting aspirin off a golf tee. That was in 25 mind. I'm going through the same dilemma but I want a 25 with a traditional stock, I'm too lanky to be using a bullpup. I'm thinking s510 and fx crown, maybe fx Royal. I don't want a gun which can't be worked on or get spares for easily. I think for once, if im going to bother spending ridiculous money on a airgun I'm going to get a decent known brand. Secondhand tho 😂 

That's pretty impressive. Looking at the same guns as above, together with the Dreamline Lite. 

3 hours ago, oowee said:

That's pretty impressive. Looking at the same guns as above, together with the Dreamline Lite. 

I held the dreamline and while I liked the straight lines, the width put me off. And by that I mean its so thin, easily the thinnest airgun I've handled 

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Shooter 1721 nhas made some good videos and is very good at trick shooting too.

He shoots asprins from between two two balloons in one video. 

His long range shooting across fields is a good watch.

He stated that gun he used was 100% standard so its amazing shooting. Obviously conditions were ideal but still. 

Just wish he'd calm the 'whooping' down 😂

On 26/10/2020 at 22:50, oowee said:

My crown.22 @930 FPS runs at 40 ftlbs

Edited by villaman

4 minutes ago, villaman said:

My crown.22 @930 FPS runs at 40 ftlbs

Will do if you are running 20+ grain. My Air Ranger was rated at 40lb but when I measured it using the pellets it liked it was closer to 36. Either way it's plenty and the quicker (with accuracy) the better for me. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Will do if you are running 20+ grain. My Air Ranger was rated at 40lb but when I measured it using the pellets it liked it was closer to 36. Either way it's plenty and the quicker (with accuracy) the better for me. 

Yep , accuracy is up most , but using slugs is a total game changer at distance of 100+ yards , even in wind