Top service from basc.

manthing

I know they have their knockers on here and I don't think that they are by any means perfect, but I emailed the firearms team this morning before I left for work and had a reply from the head honcho by mid morning. And even better it was the answer I was hoping for.

Edited by manthing

3 hours ago, manthing said:

I know they have their knockers on here and I don't think that they are by any means perfect, but I emailed the firearms team this morning before I left for work and had a reply from the head honcho by mid morning. And even better it was the answer I was hoping for.

I've had many dealings with them, both via email and on the telephone. Always good service and helpful. A few years ago, they got my police firearms department to remove a stupid condition that they had added to my renewal. I speak as I find, and I'm glad I'm a member.

When I applied for my first FAC here in Northern Ireland I had been waiting 3 to 4 months for it. I was fobbed off so many times by the firearms branch of our police force saying that my certificate was still waiting on a decision with the senior licencing manager. A quick email to BACS firearms team and I had someone call me within an hour or 2. Whatever they done I had my certificate sent out to me within a few days.

Can't complain at all about the service I received from them.

But will basc have the same kind of clout they had, now they have dropped their legal insurance? I wonder how the police would respond to the same two posts above now?

its just a friendly word they have now.

I had an issue gaining my 243 because Essex wanted me to do a dcs1, although I already had a 223 for muntjac but Essex said we don’t class muntjac as deer???

Quick phone call to basc and all was sorted, but the first thing the basc representative said to me on the phone after I had given him my membership number was “you’ve been with basc long enough to have legal cover, so if they are going to be awkward we can step it up a notch”

now would my situation back then have a different outcome today???

On 30/10/2020 at 07:34, Rst1990 said:

But will basc have the same kind of clout they had, now they have dropped their legal insurance? I wonder how the police would respond to the same two posts above now?

its just a friendly word they have now.

I had an issue gaining my 243 because Essex wanted me to do a dcs1, although I already had a 223 for muntjac but Essex said we don’t class muntjac as deer???

Quick phone call to basc and all was sorted, but the first thing the basc representative said to me on the phone after I had given him my membership number was “you’ve been with basc long enough to have legal cover, so if they are going to be awkward we can step it up a notch”

now would my situation back then have a different outcome today???

The police would not know how long you'd been a member..

10 minutes ago, manthing said:

The person who said they could ramp up the action if required, the police would have been unaware of the chance of that so it probably played no real part in the process, thats all.

The police are all too aware of the implications of being taken to court over silly matters, just look at what the past actions of what basc has done for people with the legal insurance.

why do you think the police never really listened to my objections but as soon as basc got involved the situation was sorted?

I believe that with the threat of the backed up legal insurance basc had a lot more clout behind them, without this basc can only plea with them, no different to what you and I can do.

But they have no insurance now so it’s all past tense really, have been with them for the past 18yrs and do believe they are doing good for shooting and conservation.

2 hours ago, Rst1990 said:

The police are all too aware of the implications of being taken to court over silly matters, just look at what the past actions of what basc has done for people with the legal insurance.

why do you think the police never really listened to my objections but as soon as basc got involved the situation was sorted?

I believe that with the threat of the backed up legal insurance basc had a lot more clout behind them, without this basc can only plea with them, no different to what you and I can do.

But they have no insurance now so it’s all past tense really, have been with them for the past 18yrs and do believe they are doing good for shooting and conservation.

Legal insurance only covers your cost in court, 

BASC have the best firearms teams in the shooting industry, they know the law inside out. why do you think 99% of issues are resolved with a phone call?

It is because BASC set out the issue, and the force know they are correct. equally they know if it goes to court the member will get paid out and the force will also have to foot the costs. 

42 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Legal insurance only covers your cost in court, 

BASC have the best firearms teams in the shooting industry, they know the law inside out. why do you think 99% of issues are resolved with a phone call?

It is because BASC set out the issue, and the force know they are correct. equally they know if it goes to court the member will get paid out and the force will also have to foot the costs. 

100% in agreement with you, and I will continue to support basc.

but to accept that legal cover is obsolete and holds no value in up and coming times, unfortunately I can’t agree with.

I do believe that it did hold some crust, others believe it holds nothing.

ive taken out another insurance for legal cover just to protect a what if approach.