How to repair Goretex

Shearwater

4 hours ago, Shearwater said:

Please would you send it to me if you no longer require it and I'll pop a couple of quid in your chosen charity box to say thank you, do we have a deal?

I'll see if I can dig it out from its hiding place 👍

20 hours ago, Shearwater said:

Please would you send it to me if you no longer require it and I'll pop a couple of quid in your chosen charity box to say thank you, do we have a deal?

Hi fella,,,, well I've looked in the likely places but can't find it, sorry. But,,,, I've looked on Google and found it there,,,,

It was a "Mcnett Gore-Tex repair kit", and it seems these are available online and possibly in some outlets.

Hope that helps 🙂

4 hours ago, JKD said:

Hi fella,,,, well I've looked in the likely places but can't find it, sorry. But,,,, I've looked on Google and found it there,,,,

It was a "Mcnett Gore-Tex repair kit", and it seems these are available online and possibly in some outlets.

Hope that helps 🙂

Thanks for trying, it's all we can ever do

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2020 at 18:12, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Super glue!

I used your super glue idea and it has worked but just to add a twist, I bought one of these and put it over the super glue repair to add a little more longevity to the repair

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nylon-Repair-Patch-Self-Adhesive-Easy-to-Use-Waterproof-Black-or-Navy/331222235394?hash=item4d1e623902:g:PBoAAOxyF0pTjjhG

42 minutes ago, Shearwater said:

I used your super glue idea and it has worked but just to add a twist, I bought one of these and put it over the super glue repair to add a little more longevity to the repair

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nylon-Repair-Patch-Self-Adhesive-Easy-to-Use-Waterproof-Black-or-Navy/331222235394?hash=item4d1e623902:g:PBoAAOxyF0pTjjhG

Great, better than paying out on another jacket!:good: