Georgy Kavkaz

fatchap

Does anyone watch this blokes cooking video's on you tube? First thing first the property he lives in and the toys he's got, I believe he is Russian but judging by the plants and trees in his courtyard I would imagine he lives possibly Greece maybe Cyprus. His house is huge, huge court yard which seems to have a quad bike in every shot. I would imagine he isn't short of a few Euro's

Anyway been watching his video's shame there is no translation but you get the idea. One that stands out was BBQ Ostrich. A plucked and headless ostrich looks almost Alien, grey colour skin with this dirty great bulge where its neck would have been, did not look in the slightest edible that point until he started dismembering it, filleting it and marinating all the meat and there was a shed load of meat. He has this all singing all dancing BBQ/pizza oven that he cooked Ostrich kebabs on And a whole leg that he did in the oven part. When he was dishing it up for his family my mouth was watering. Those ostrich kebabs looked delicious. Another video he did a whole tandoori lamb in a proper tandoor oven and when he pulled that out and started cutting it up and that crispy skin I was almost taking a bite out of the monitor.

Wasn't keen on the BBQ Ox heart, looked lovely but can't eat offal. The Tandoori catfish also looked amazing and delicious. Never tried catfish. They where alive at the begining of the video on the table with a rubber mallet lying next to them, He picked up the mallet and then the video cuts to the fish dead and gutted. 

Well worth a watch if your into out door cooking.

9 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Was that the one where he cooks two? looked bloody delicious didn't it?

Watched it around lunchtime, I was actually salivating - they looked amazing.  I’m going Tom get one of the frames knocked up, I have a fire pit (well ring of rocks) in the garden that I sometimes cook on and I think one of those would be a cracking addition.

9 minutes ago, fatchap said:

He used watered down lemon juice which I think made the skin seriously crispy. Shame there is no subtitles though.

There were subtitles mate - admittedly he’s a man of few words but there were definitely subtitles available.

I have no subtitles, watched a few of his video's now, its says Eng subtitles in video, but I can't see them.

The Ostrich video is very good. He appears to have a bit of an accident with a carving knife, one minute he's cutting up the ostrich, the next his right hand is sporting some bandage, He explains what happened but its in Russian so I am none the wiser.

He seems quite partial to a drop of vino or two, maybe three

Edited by fatchap