Salus Programmable Thermostat

Bobba

We have a Salus Programmable Room Thermostat Model No RT500RF

Currently the afternoon / evening setting is from 4.30pm to 9pm. Every evening at 8pm the room temperature reading (which can be seen on the screen) switches itself to match / equal the programmed temperature, irrespective of what the room temperature actually is. The result is that in believing the room has reached the programmed temperature the central heating shuts down.

From what I understand of the manual the reset button merely sets it back to factory settings i.e. deletes my programmed settings. But that would not appear to address the problem of switching temperatures.

Any ideas on corrective action would be welcomed.

Thanks you.

By coincidence - an almost similar post (same model thermostat unit - developed a mind of it's own) from a local group page appeared on my screen today.  Not solved to date (poster has an engineer visiting on Thursday) but batteries were also suggested there.  -Apparently the battery indicator showed they were OK.  I

Thank you one and all.

4 hours ago, shootthepigeon said:

Are you sure there isn't anything else interupting the frequency?and turning the boiler off??

I can't think of anything within the property which may be interring the frequency

4 hours ago, peck said:

Sounds obvious but have you tried changing the batteries?

4 hours ago, B725 said:

RF stats are notorious battery eaters and need changing regular. 

I will change the batteries to see if that is the problem. Thanks,

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

By coincidence - an almost similar post (same model thermostat unit - developed a mind of it's own) from a local group page appeared on my screen today.  Not solved to date (poster has an engineer visiting on Thursday) but batteries were also suggested there.  -Apparently the battery indicator showed they were OK.  I

John, if a solution is posted on that forum I would be grateful for the info. Thanks. Bob

1 minute ago, Bobba said:

John, if a solution is posted on that forum I would be grateful for the info. Thanks. Bob

I will.  It is a local Facebook group where people seek advice on tradesmen, decorating. plumbing  etc.  The poster seems like a female who is (to put it politely) 'non technical', so I suspect if she posts anything, it will only be how good/bad the engineer was.  But yes, I will keep my ear to the ground.

We had a Salus wireless thermostat which worked ok for 8 months or so, then for some reason starting getting through batteries like they were going out if fashion. Most reviews say they are pretty poor over all and ours was replaced with a Honeywell one which seems much sturdier