Pigeon magnet

craig1982

I use hypaflaps when I`ve not got any real birds, or forgotten to take two out of the freezer in time. There have been a couple of times when I started out with hypaflaps and the birds decoyed well. Changed to real birds once a couple had been shot and the birds showed no interest. Put the hypaflaps back on and they decoyed again. I think that the flapping movement of the wings might have made the difference on those particular days. As we know, each time out is different though.

OB

18 hours ago, mellors said:

Found these work well till you have a couple. . Lot cheaper. 

I made some similar to yours except I didn't like the paintwork on the Jack Pyke wing sets so painted them up. As you say, cheaper and rewarding when your own DIY pulls them in. 

Decoy 2.jpg

On 30/10/2020 at 12:07, Bobba said:

I made some similar to yours except I didn't like the paintwork on the Jack Pyke wing sets so painted them up. As you say, cheaper and rewarding when your own DIY pulls them in. 

Decoy 2.jpg

They look good which paint did you use. I've used white matt emulsion on the wing bars but it cracks and comes away after a few outings. Only use mine on the magnet. 

3 hours ago, mellors said:

They look good which paint did you use. I've used white matt emulsion on the wing bars but it cracks and comes away after a few outings. Only use mine on the magnet. 

On these I used artist acrylic paint from hobby shops and mixed my own. But I’ve just downloaded a pigeon photo and printed on to Matt paper and will take to b&q to colour match for sample pots of the two greys to see how that works in refurbishing decoys.

• 1 month later...