boo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Mine has sadly sunk into this mess. Not helped by my youngest dumping a Mac Tool stack in front of two other full up tool stacks. I tripped over a Record 39p vice yesterday. weighs about half a hundredweight and needs to go, along with a whole lot more. Had no success giving spanners away.

001.jpg

That's more like it

2 hours ago, boo said:

Its only mainly for sharpening tools , funnily enough moved a vacuum system in , record one , so will run some ducting in for dust collecting etc...as the belt sander throws a fair bit out...

Have a read up on a cyclone  system , I have put a full dust collection system in my shed .

10 hours ago, boo said:

Its only mainly for sharpening tools , funnily enough moved a vacuum system in , record one , so will run some ducting in for dust collecting etc...as the belt sander throws a fair bit out...

I made a very Heath Robinson type hood over my grinder out of Perspex with holes in the side and front with whichever hole is not being used blanked off (if that makes sense). This is then linked up to a Henry type vacuum cleaner and is used when I’m working with antler and buffalo horn etc. Very amateurish but works extremely well. I’ve still got to make some form of adaptor for my Clarke belt sander as that has a 2 inch or thereabouts outlet and kicks out loads of dust when sanding wood.
OB

That's amazing! I can't even see my lathe, mill or grinder at the minute. Not that I have any time to use them :) I may end up selling them and going for a Clark CL500M to save space. I love the little Myford ML3/4 though. I've been to Myford/RDG a few times and they've got some stunnig ML7s and Super 7s they keep trying to sell me. Yours looks to be in near showroom condition!

14 hours ago, boo said:

Wow ! Have seen them , but will have to make do for the time being , dust collectors & cyclones inside?.how noisy ?

Depend on your hoover , the cyclone sits ontop of the hoover.  The pipe  from the hoover goes into the top  of the cyclone . Then a pipe  from the other connector  to the saw of dust. So everything goes through the cyclone  into a separate container  were the cyclone  is attached to . Basically  its to save replacing  the filters in the main hoover . Think I need to find you a YouTube so you can see it better 😀😀 so what i have now is a remote hand control  to switch the hoover on . Anywhere in my shed . The hoover plugs into a special plug thats into a 13 amp socket.  The hoover is switched on at the socket and the switch on the hoover . I keep the remote in my pocket . And when I am doing some . Sanding , or on my saw bench or lathe all are connect with the dust extraction  pipe work all over the shed . They have blast gates on each to to close them of when not needed

So when I am on a machine before I start the machine up I press the remote and it starts the hoover . I can be anywhere in the big shed  . 

Edited by johnphilip

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Depend on your hoover , the cyclone sits ontop of the hoover.  The pipe  from the hoover goes into the top  of the cyclone . Then a pipe  from the other connector  to the saw of dust. So everything goes through the cyclone  into a separate container  were the cyclone  is attached to . Basically  its to save replacing  the filters in the main hoover . Think I need to find you a YouTube so you can see it better 😀😀 so what i have now is a remote hand control  to switch the hoover on . Anywhere in my shed . The hoover plugs into a special plug thats into a 13 amp socket.  The hoover is switched on at the socket and the switch on the hoover . I keep the remote in my pocket . And when I am doing some . Sanding , or on my saw bench or lathe all are connect with the dust extraction  pipe work all over the shed . They have blast gates on each to to close them of when not needed

So when I am on a machine before I start the machine up I press the remote and it starts the hoover . I can be anywhere in the big shed  . 

Excellent post.

They are available on eBay for £17.99, so a dust extractor is going to be another addition to my workshop.

Edited by amateur

3 hours ago, amateur said:

Excellent post.

They are available on eBay for £17.99, so a dust extractor is going to be another addition to my workshop.

Sad I know , but its fun to watch the saw dust spinning around in the cyclone  then drop when you switch it of . If you need any help give me a shout .

I think we've all been shamed, I can't find the screwdriver I was using 5 minutes ago. My wife suggested a system of having a box for each project and putting in parts and relevant tools so that I could go back and carry on the next day................I can't find the box🤪

13 minutes ago, impala59 said:

I think we've all been shamed, I can't find the screwdriver I was using 5 minutes ago. My wife suggested a system of having a box for each project and putting in parts and relevant tools so that I could go back and carry on the next day................I can't find the box🤪

Oh it gets worse 😀😀

20 hours ago, johnphilip said:

ive just ordered myself one of these from amazon . im hoping that itll, save the mess in my shed , save my lungs , and give me buckets of dust for the composting toilet at my woodland.

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Mel if you need any help give me a shout 

Cheers JP . I'm hoping that it should be a pretty easy install. I've got quite a bit of pipework knocking about from my pond , so I'm hoping it's just a case of fitting it to the lid of a 20l bucket , and joining pipes to the vacuum cleaner.  I'll be using an old pet vacuum,  so it'll suck like a good un.

On 30/10/2020 at 08:32, Old Boggy said:

I made a very Heath Robinson type hood over my grinder out of Perspex with holes in the side and front with whichever hole is not being used blanked off (if that makes sense). This is then linked up to a Henry type vacuum cleaner and is used when I’m working with antler and buffalo horn etc. Very amateurish but works extremely well. I’ve still got to make some form of adaptor for my Clarke belt sander as that has a 2 inch or thereabouts outlet and kicks out loads of dust when sanding wood.
OB

I have a Henry style (Titan) and that plugs straight into the back dust vent of my vertical sanding belt. Yes a bit noisy but doesn't worry me as much as the dust and works a treat.  I purchased three of those Titan (henry typres) for about £25 each from Screwfix, a couple of years ago. One for the workshop, one for indoors down stairs and one to cover the upper two storeys to save hauling them up and down when needed.

I use one of these on my dust extractor  , fits into a 13 amp socket . Plug the hoover into it . Put the switch on the hoover on . Nothing happens till  you press the remote . Saves popping back to the hoover to switch it on and of . 

It can be a bit scary thought with the noise of the hoover and working on my bandsaw you can't here the saw working so have to be careful as you need to check the saw has stopped before putting your hand near it to clear the work area 

Screenshot_20201031-213546_Samsung Internet.jpg