boo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Just been looking at them on Ebay. More use to me for my compressor - the switch is at the back of the garage and not the easiest to reach, given the mess in the garage. A remote seems far better than actually tidying the garage. 🤣

Gordon yes just leave the switch on , the compressor  plug the compressor into the special  socket switch it on then the remote is like going to the compressor  . I got a pack of two so I could use the other on something else . Think you can use upto four different plugs  on the same remote . But don't blaim me to your good lady for not tidying your shed up . 😀😀

Aside from a visit to the upright freezer, Linda does not venture into the garage. My lad has a Mac Tools stack in the way. Once that sells, I have a Honda CR500 AF to get rid of, all the tools in the boxes on the floor and then I will be in a better position to tidy up

28 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Gordon yes just leave the switch on , the compressor  plug the compressor into the special  socket switch it on then the remote is like going to the compressor  . I got a pack of two so I could use the other on something else . Think you can use upto four different plugs  on the same remote . But don't blaim me to your good lady for not tidying your shed up . 😀😀

You certainly can use 4 remote sockets on one control. We have 4 of them controlling the table lamps that we use for lighting in our lounge and dining room. It used to be a right PITA to switch them on and off individually. Now it is just a touch of a button on the remote control.

Edited by amateur
Ruddy predictive text

On 30/10/2020 at 14:51, johnphilip said:

Depend on your hoover , the cyclone sits ontop of the hoover.  The pipe  from the hoover goes into the top  of the cyclone . Then a pipe  from the other connector  to the saw of dust. So everything goes through the cyclone  into a separate container  were the cyclone  is attached to . Basically  its to save replacing  the filters in the main hoover . Think I need to find you a YouTube so you can see it better 😀😀 so what i have now is a remote hand control  to switch the hoover on . Anywhere in my shed . The hoover plugs into a special plug thats into a 13 amp socket.  The hoover is switched on at the socket and the switch on the hoover . I keep the remote in my pocket . And when I am doing some . Sanding , or on my saw bench or lathe all are connect with the dust extraction  pipe work all over the shed . They have blast gates on each to to close them of when not needed

So when I am on a machine before I start the machine up I press the remote and it starts the hoover . I can be anywhere in the big shed  . 

Just a quick update .

I bought one of the vortex jobbies from amazon for about 15 quid ish , and installed it on top of a 20 litre bucket , it worked fantastically well for about 20 seconds , until I blocked the end of the vac pipe with my hand to see how much suction was there ,  in a fraction of a second their was an almighty implosion that left the 20 litre bucket in a hundred pieces 😅. I'm gonna need a better bucket 😆.

9 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I bought one of the vortex jobbies from amazon for about 15 quid ish , and installed it on top of a 20 litre bucket , it worked fantastically well for about 20 seconds , until I blocked the end of the vac pipe with my hand to see how much suction was there ,  in a fraction of a second their was an almighty implosion that left the 20 litre bucket in a hundred pieces 😅. I'm gonna need a better bucket 😆.

That's another line for your CV.

Suction Tester and Bucket Tester!:w00t:

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That's another line for your CV.

Suction Tester and Bucket Tester!

My suction testing career only lasted about 100th of a second  . I didn't expect the results to be quite so , instant ,dramatic , and loud 😅.