oowee

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

Nah. 

You had to deal with hairy growlers

I guess the shaven haven came in around the late 90's. 

I’m with you there.

According to Tracey Kox in the DM today women are yet again enjoying having a right hairy bush because of CV19 lockdown. 

I am only 35 but not into a shaven haven, for me they do not look like a woman. The presence of pubic hair is a biological signal of reproductive maturity. 

9 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

Nah. 

You had to deal with hairy growlers

I guess the shaven haven came in around the late 90's. 

I do feel that the baby boom generation have had a golden period but it will be redressed. The pension situation is unsustainable. The police spend more on police pensions than police salaries. Paying the historic ill thought out, unaffordable company pensions schemes is sinking long established British companies. If I were in my 60s now I would be putting away for a rainy day (diversify investment) because the music is about to stop. 

Edited by WalkedUp

58 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I am only 35 but not into a shaven haven, for me they do not look like a woman. The presence of pubic hair is a biological signal of reproductive maturity. 

I do feel that the baby boom generation have had a golden period but it will be redressed. The pension situation is unsustainable. The police spend more on police pensions than police salaries. I’ll thought out, unaffordable company pensions schemes often are sinking long established companies. If I were in my 60s now I would be putting away for a rainy day (diversify investment) because the music is about to stop. 

Most Companies moved away from final salary schemes which left them with such a liability years ago. Nowadays the risk is with the employee. Unless you are in the public sector where final salary is more common. 

What a bizarre thread, I fully understand the OPs point and agree with him that we probably have seen the best. But as for downstairs gardening trends and pensions:lol:

I am lucky that my first pension started paying when I was 40 and the second one kicked in a couple of years later, I pay 6% in to the company one and that is matched by the firm. I will apparently get a State Pension, if they are still going when I retire!

Can I just say I like hairy or shaven!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

7 hours ago, AVB said:

Most Companies moved away from final salary schemes which left them with such a liability years ago. Nowadays the risk is with the employee. Unless you are in the public sector where final salary is more common. 

Yes they no longer offer final salary schemes (to my generation) but they are paying out to the generation above. 

Started with a music thread I was following, Mama's and Pappas, Simon and Garfunkel, Riders on the Storm thinking an eclectic mix of all time greats. Then thinking back about all the great things we had access to. The drug and sex revolution, the affordability of the car and quieter roads to drive on. The mystery of a driving trip to Scotland wondering if your car would make it through the journey. Access to cheap air travel and being able to travel the world. My generation bought relatively affordable houses that are now worth far more than we paid for them. The music greats were somehow a reflection of that heady mix of success and consumption gluttony that the generation was offered.

All of these things now are starting to become less accessible, more regulated. The Covid stuff is hopefully temporary but much of this affordability was driven by economic growth levels that are hard to imagine being available to new generations. The internet has made knowledge available to all but at the same time has removed the need to self explore and experience. 

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

Started with a music thread I was following, Mama's and Pappas, Simon and Garfunkel, Riders on the Storm thinking an eclectic mix of all time greats. Then thinking back about all the great things we had access to. The drug and sex revolution, the affordability of the car and quieter roads to drive on. The mystery of a driving trip to Scotland wondering if your car would make it through the journey. Access to cheap air travel and being able to travel the world. My generation bought relatively affordable houses that are now worth far more than we paid for them. The music greats were somehow a reflection of that heady mix of success and consumption gluttony that the generation was offered.

All of these things now are starting to become less accessible, more regulated. The Covid stuff is hopefully temporary but much of this affordability was driven by economic growth levels that are hard to imagine being available to new generations. The internet has made knowledge available to all but at the same time has removed the need to self explore and experience. 

Yes I agree with that, but come on, hairy or shaven?

53 minutes ago, oowee said:

Hello, good post 👍

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Not that I condone such things but we used to drive to The Boot at Honily in Warwickshire drink 5/6 pints and raz back in a Cortina gt and think nothing off it. Going to a rave in Birmingham with a spindryer as a loo for the few hundred people there tipping it out of the window when full. Driving up the steps of Coventry Cathedral in a land rover just because we could. Watching the Specials at Tiffany's and the General Wolfe.  The best moments in life captured in memory by the association with music.

Maybe it was just the joy of youth but I can't help thinking everything was just so much more relaxed and accessible. 

As one of the Boomers I can look back on some brilliant times and great memories of the 60s/70s, but progressive erosion of our ancient personal freedoms over the last 30-40 years saddens me greatly. I feel so sorry for my sons and grandson that they can never know what it's like living in a free country, where responsibility was vested in the individual and based on values bred in by upbringing. Now it almost seems there's a rule book for everything with penalties for non adherence and queues of petty bureaucrats lining up to control behaviour; not to mention the 50+ different state benefits that ultimately undermine self reliance. 

It's no wonder we have much acquired helplessness in society where the state assumes the role of Guardian. 

21 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Do you also like them with hairy armpits and hairy legs ?

Nothing wrong with a well groomed lady, I don't want no hairy monster. They pluck their eyebrows, shave and groom their pits legs and nether regions and i like them more for it. Each to their own but a big no to smelly pelts. 

As for them letting themselves go because of lockdown, scruffy ****, I think these will be the types you see in scruffy PJ's all day long.

Edited by figgy

Just now, figgy said:

Do you also like them with hairy armpits and hairy legs ?

Nothing wrong with a well groomed lady, I don't want no hairy monster. They pluck their eyebrows, shave and groom their pits legs and nether regions and i like them more for it. Each to their own but a big no to smelly pelts. 

Leg hair and to some extent arm put hair is an indicator of fertility, as women age and oestrogen decreases they become hairier in these regions (and their chin etc). Shaving legs is a false signal but still effective.