Rose tinted spec's?

oowee

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Individual choice is never made in a vacuum.

There is a multi million pound industry on encouraging women to strip themselves of all their unsightly hair. The ideal woman apparently looks like a boiled egg with a moustache. Some women may like young boys but there certainly isn't a multi billion dollar industry promoting and encouraging that whilst exploiting young boys. The number of women who exploit male children for personal sexual pleasure is literally negligible on a worldwide basis, (see the Lantern Project for figures) but the percentage of male child abusers who are same sex attracted is thought to be the same as the percentage of the general population, so you can extrapolate from there. Saying "These female individuals are worse than these male individuals" doesn't change anything on a class basis. 

People are free to post what they want here, and they should be mindful of the company they keep. This is a public forum with very few females and we all represent part of the shooting community when we post here. We are all inviting comment and discussion simply by posting on an Internet message board. If you wouldn't say it to my face, why would you say it on a public forum here? And if you would say it to my face I am free to answer. If you give it out, you need to be able to take it. 

What has Mumsnet got to do with anything? Is that a weak attempt at telling me to leave this manly forum so you can all feel comfortable spouting without a reality check from a mere female? Ooh, I'm so sorry, Sir, I dared to have and voice an opinion. I shall now be silenced forever more.  Let me take my XX chromosomes and go and hang out somewhere where I shan't offend the Lords of Creation by suggesting women are real people. 😄😄😄😄

The forum desperately needs some counter arguments in all respects. Well said.

On 29/10/2020 at 03:06, WalkedUp said:

Yes they no longer offer final salary schemes (to my generation) but they are paying out to the generation above. 

So how is your retirement set up?  We have a force government plan Social Security.  It is based on you pre retirement income and is taken as a tax paid half buy you and half buy your employer.   Then we have pension from the companies we work for.  Not all companies but most large ones.  They are being phased out.  My max is $1900 a month though older people Maxed out at $2500. Then we have a 401k savings.  Usually you put in 7% of you income and the companies match 7%. Contributions are pre tax and lower your taxable income.  So my retirement will basically be a clustered mess of several checks.  

The OPs point was straightforward enough, but the rest of the thread seems to have gone down the rabbit hole somehow...:) A gentleman never expresses preferences about that sort of thing...take it all in your stride....

Here's my thoughts about the topic though. It's a global shift of power. When we (baby boomers) were growing up, the west reigned supreme. So we were privileged. These days, an awful lot of social and economic power has moved overseas, particularly to Asia. Go to Asia, and the younger generation has never had it so good. They see the future as bright. They've never had more disposable income, they've never been healthier, they've never had more social freedom, and they've never been richer or better educated. 

It's a shift of power...