Lexus RX 400/450 h

islandgun

9 minutes ago, London Best said:

Pros: it’s a Toyota.

Cons: it’s ten years old and done 100,000 miles.

Sorry! Couldn’t resist it. I actually know nowt about them so can’t be of any real help Sir.

Well compared to my current 30yr old Mitsubishi it would be youngster, I read a RAC review and they mentioned a possible 500,000 mile life on the Lexus !

52 minutes ago, ferguson_tom said:

Good friend had one and was a reliable bit of kit, his parents bought it new then he had it off them when his kids come along. Fuel consumption was pretty poor but was nice to drive and stood up quite well to the abuse of 3 kids!

cheers tom.. do you know if it was the 400h or the 450h, not so bothered about mpg, last two cars before present one were Landcruiser Colorado's..😉

27 minutes ago, AVB said:

MIL has a 450h. Does the job but terrible fuel consumption and small tank so she feels she is forever filling up. I think that's a common problem with hybrids as you are lugging around an engine and battery. 

cheers, do you know if she drives mostly around town or long distance... or both !