Late swallow

chesterse

6 hours ago, chesterse said:

I saw a lone swallow whist out beating yesterday (Wed. 29th Oct). Is this unusual for the time of year?

Not really , if you had seen a Swift then yes it would have been unusual , ours is such a strange climate we have sat on the picnic benches in November in just a jumper and shirt on a shoot day while having our lunch and we had often seen the odd Swallow at that time of the year , maybe they hang about the East coast a bit longer before they start there journey across the North sea .

P S ... By the way , did you change the clock Sunday by a day instead of a hour , as yesterday in Norfolk it was the 28th :lol:

19 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Not really , if you had seen a Swift then yes it would have been unusual , ours is such a strange climate we have sat on the picnic benches in November in just a jumper and shirt on a shoot day while having our lunch and we had often seen the odd Swallow at that time of the year , maybe they hang about the East coast a bit longer before they start there journey across the North sea .

P S ... By the way , did you change the clock Sunday by a day instead of a hour , as yesterday in Norfolk it was the 28th :lol:

I suppose when you get to seventy there is some excuse for not knowing what day it is 😂 

1 hour ago, chesterse said:

I suppose when you get to seventy there is some excuse for not knowing what day it is 😂 

I know exactly what you mean now I am in the same time frame , it don't really mater what the date is , or what day it is just as long as we wake up to enjoy it .:good:

All the best    MM