Police raid church service in Wales.

Walker570

I have just seen a video of this appauling intrusion on a religious service by Welsh Police and could not believe the scruffy *** of a police officer with his hands in his pockets all the time. What a pathetic advert for the Welsh Police.  What on earth is this country coming too? 

The video was on youtube  The Voice of Reason  Alex Belfield.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I have just seen a video of this appauling intrusion on a religious service by Welsh Police and could not believe the scruffy *** of a police officer with his hands in his pockets all the time. What a pathetic advert for the Welsh Police.  What on earth is this country coming too? 

The video was on youtube  The Voice of Reason  Alex Belfield.

Thankfully it is NOT this country!:w00t:

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Why should the police not check out a church service?

^^^^  This. Flouting the rules is rife from the top down, through sports to pubs to families meeting up. It's generally a free for all with everyone following their own rules or no rules at all. I am afraid its all a  lost cause. 

38 minutes ago, oowee said:

^^^^  This. Flouting the rules is rife from the top down, through sports to pubs to families meeting up. It's generally a free for all with everyone following their own rules or no rules at all. I am afraid its all a  lost cause. 

Everyone is slating Boris for not locking down, the minute there is a lockdown they are all phoning radio shows etc asking what the limit is of what they can get away with! 

One woman phoned LBC saying she planned to meet her friend but this was now banned. 

Her plan was to go to a gallery as a sole person, and her friend would just so happen to be visiting at the same time. 

Don’t know why they bothered pretending it was such a joke. 

Yes, the regulations as they stand in Wales does allow the police to intervene BUT in this case it could have been handled in a far more sensitive way and how many does it take to quietly enter a church and speak with the Pastor and have hime explain that they should leave. I counted three scruffy specimens ..... the computer didn't like **** but that was what they where......  see how many turn up when you report a theft and how long it takes, that is if they do bother of course.  My old Sergeant must be rolling in his grave.

The latest ploy being suggested by the 'anti lockdowners' is to form a family 'business' and the business holds a 'business meeting' over a meal on Christmas day, or indeed multiple meetings over the holiday period.

The longer people circumnavigate rules put in place to control viral transmission, the longer the whole thing is likely to go on.

If people put as much thought and effort into fighting the virus instead of fighting the rules ........ this might be over sooner.

44 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, the regulations as they stand in Wales does allow the police to intervene BUT in this case it could have been handled in a far more sensitive way and how many does it take to quietly enter a church and speak with the Pastor and have hime explain that they should leave. I counted three scruffy specimens ..... the computer didn't like g.i.t.s but that was what they where......  see how many turn up when you report a theft and how long it takes, that is if they do bother of course.  My old Sergeant must be rolling in his grave.

Why does it have to be handled more sensitively?

they knew what they was doing by breaking the law, it’s all over the news what you can and can’t do.

the police need more of a firm hand like this to stop this from happening, the softly approach doesn’t work we have seen it time and time again. Some people just won’t/don’t listen to what you have to abide by and when they get caught they moan through the roof. I have no sympathy for them at all, if I have to do it why can’t they.

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

The couple from Cardiff are still apparently heading up to Cumbria this weekend ( tonight ) for a weeks stay in OH’s Mothers holiday let. 
I’m not sure how this works as we would be stopped if it were us travelling to Wales. 🤷‍♂️

I believe it is supposed to work both ways - as it is essential journeys open. I dunno for sure as I haven't been stopped but my wife went to Chester last week - for her job and also to drop the shopping off for her parents without any police being seen

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

The latest ploy being suggested by the 'anti lockdowners' is to form a family 'business' and the business holds a 'business meeting' over a meal on Christmas day, or indeed multiple meetings over the holiday period.

The longer people circumnavigate rules put in place to control viral transmission, the longer the whole thing is likely to go on.

If people put as much thought and effort into fighting the virus instead of fighting the rules ........ this might be over sooner.

It’s going to go on regardless though. Lockdown or no lockdown. The reduction in infections earlier in the year was as much to do with the weather as lockdown. Now it’s winter we just have to learn to live with it. 

41 minutes ago, Scully said:

The couple from Cardiff are still apparently heading up to Cumbria this weekend ( tonight ) for a weeks stay in OH’s Mothers holiday let. 
I’m not sure how this works as we would be stopped if it were us travelling to Wales. 🤷‍♂️

From Cardiff its a pretty short dash down the M4, over the bridge and out of Wales before joining the M5 and heading north, so its possible

But if you look at the webcam on the bridge (when its working ), cars have been streaming both ways all week. Maybe less than normal but they are still going back and forwards apparently unchecked. If you are going to have a travel restriction you have to enforce it 

Edited by Vince Green

12 minutes ago, AVB said:

Now it’s winter we just have to learn to live with it. 

And the way to 'live with it' should be to follow the rules set.

13 minutes ago, AVB said:

The reduction in infections earlier in the year was as much to do with the weather as lockdown

The weather certainly helped as did being outside more - but there is no getting away from the fact that if you don't meet up closely with people - the virus cannot transmit from person to person - which is by far the main means of spreading.

3 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

From Cardiff its a pretty short dash down the M4, over the bridge and out of Wales before joining the M5 and heading north, so its possible

But if you look at the webcam on the bridge (when its working ), cars have been streaming both ways all week. Maybe less than normal but they are still going back and forwards apparently unchecked 

Gloucestershire police say they are doing some stopping;

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/gloucestershire-police-stopped-caravans-motorhomes-4646761

46 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Religion on not, its a simple rule which they broke. 

Id loved to have seen the police kick the door in and arrest everyone, but then we'd have another protest on our hands. 

I wonder how many other places of worship have been checked? 

It is an independent church, so they will have a different idea from the main stream churches such as CoE, CoS... Certainly the CoS have said that there will be no group gatherings, so our church gathers via zoom which is allowed. 

It wasn't a matter of checking, neighbours phoned it in.

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

It wasn't a matter of checking, neighbours phoned it in.

And rightly so wouldn't you agree? I'd be royally ****** off if I've been stuck in and seen a lot of people gathering next door. 

Im wondering on the 'other' groups (not just Christian and Catholic) that will be meeting in their houses, that would get me banned according to the rules.  

I dont knock you for what you believe, and from your statement above you've done the right thing and used modern technology to adjust to the situation. Good plan, well executed. In the same light, miss 'victim' of police brutality in the video could of done the same, but chose not to even tho she could film, edit and post a video on social media. 

I wish they fined the lot of them 

11 minutes ago, henry d said:

They should have known better, seems that they were praying rather than singing etc which is known to be responsible for transmitting the virus.

Just one point, Catholics are Christians, just like CoE CoS etc (JW's SDA's I would argue are not).

We visited the Dominican Republic while on a cruise a few years ago. We went out on a tour rather than stay in the plastic cruise resort. The guide (while plying us with rum and coke) told us that there were two religions in the country, Catholics and Christians! I hope he meant Catholics and Protestants.