Grocery stores pulling guns and ammo off the shelves because of post election violence

NoBodyImportant

2 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I can see what Trump has done, the good and the bad. No one could say either the UK or USA leadership is doing well in the times of COVID. 

At lest unlike Trump, Boris Johnson is not holding mass rallies no masks no social distancing putting his re election ahead of the health of his own supporters.

5 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I can see what Trump has done, the good and the bad. No one could say either the UK or USA leadership is doing well in the times of COVID. 

I have been around long enough to realise that there is very little more that they can do.  Covid 19 is another 'Spanish Flu' read up about that in 1918 even if a vaccine was available today the virus is still going to be hanging around for some time and we all have to learn to live with it. 

43 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have been around long enough to realise that there is very little more that they can do.  Covid 19 is another 'Spanish Flu' read up about that in 1918 even if a vaccine was available today the virus is still going to be hanging around for some time and we all have to learn to live with it. 

Interesting point, whilst I am familiar with the 1918 influenza epidemic I do think that we are in a slightly different position now. If you compare that different countries have had greater or lesser success dealing with the outbreak. Seoul has a larger population than New York, similar density and level of prosperity with poorer neighbourhoods. They are both important international cities, and both were exposed to the virus at similar times.

Total deaths from CV-19:

Seoul = 57

New York = 33,300.

Edited by WalkedUp

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Back in January Trump tried to stop all travel to Asia. He was called racist.  Polesi held unity rally’s in Chinatown. Said he was blowing COVID out of proportion to incite racism.    

0EAA2C99-5855-44EA-B784-C2E0F1EFE6A5.jpeg

DE419CAC-4B00-406C-84DE-1160FCDF9B91.jpeg

486FAE81-F1C6-4CFC-A98B-AB2DC4075DFC.jpeg

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Interesting point, whilst I am familiar with the 1918 influenza epidemic I do think that we are in a slightly different position now. If you compare that different countries have had greater or lesser success dealing with the outbreak. Seoul has a larger population than New York, similar density and level of prosperity with poorer neighbourhoods. They are both important international cities, and both were exposed to the virus at similar times.

Total deaths from CV-19:

Seoul = 57

New York = 33,300.

Seoul probably don’t give cash rewards to their hospitals for COVID deaths.  If you come in to a US hospital.  The hospital gets $3300 A day for anyone with COVID like symptoms.  A death certificate with possible COVID gets $5500.  They are many people claiming relatives didnt have COVID but had COVID on the death certificate.  

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Seoul probably don’t give cash rewards to their hospitals for COVID deaths.  If you come in to a US hospital.  The hospital gets $3300 A day for anyone with COVID like symptoms.  A death certificate with possible COVID gets $5500.  They are many people claiming relatives didnt have COVID but had COVID on the death certificate.  

So doctors, nurses, coroner's etc in America are falsifying patients treatment and death certificate to fraudulently claim money from the government. I think you are buying Trumps BS regarding CV19 death numbers, and conspiracy BS regarding hospitals falsifying numbers. 

Edited by ordnance

18 minutes ago, ordnance said:

So doctors, nurses, coroner's etc in America are falsifying patients treatment and death certificate to fraudulently claim money from the government. I think you are buying Trumps BS regarding CV19 death numbers, and conspiracy BS regarding hospitals falsifying numbers. 

My wife is a nurse.  The policy is any and all COVID symptoms are marked and treated as Covid. 

7 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Polesi held unity rally’s in Chinatown. Said he was blowing COVID out of proportion to incite racism.    

I am not saying I support Pelosi / the Democrats. When I criticise a politician the partisans assume I am promoting their opposition. However, back to Trump, no one is infallible - surely you must accept that he has made some big mistakes? 

7 hours ago, ordnance said:

There is little doubt it went on here in the UK as well . Had an a local here say that a relative had returned from Spain obviously with the covid and had died. She then admitted the person was seriously ill to start with, but death was recorded as covid.

Regarding Trump making mistakes, my old Inspector used to say that you where not trying if you didn't make a mistake occasionally.  He said, if you sit on your backside and do nothing then you will not.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

There is little doubt it went on here in the UK as well . Had an a local here say that a relative had returned from Spain obviously with the covid and had died. She then admitted the person was seriously ill to start with, but death was recorded as covid.

Regarding Trump making mistakes, my old Inspector used to say that you where not trying if you didn't make a mistake occasionally.  He said, if you sit on your backside and do nothing then you will not.

No one is saying the death figures are 100% correct, even if they were 100, 000 out in America that still leaves over 100,000 dead.

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

No one is saying the death figures are 100% correct, even if they were 100, 000 out in America that still leaves over 100,000 dead.

How many died from drug abuse in the same period.  It ain't going away any time soon so we need to get used to it and get on with our lives and putting the country back on a solid footing.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

How many died from drug abuse in the same period.  It ain't going away any time soon so we need to get used to it and get on with our lives and putting the country back on a solid footing.

How many died of other causes is irrelevant.  We do not decide not to treat / combat disease and illness's, on the basis's of what's the point sure people die all the time anyway.  Trump spins it as he has done a great job with CV19, best in the world other countries are telling him what a great job he has done LOL and some people actually believe him. 

image.jpg

Edited by ordnance

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Another thing to look at is other deaths, pneumonia, influenza all those deaths are down.  

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Trump has 55 Federal investigations running against him at the moment which can't proceed until he leaves office. It could well be even if he loses the election he is going to be in the news for a long time to come

They are all cooked up and will disappear once he leaves. 

6 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I am not saying I support Pelosi / the Democrats. When I criticise a politician the partisans assume I am promoting their opposition. However, back to Trump, no one is infallible - surely you must accept that he has made some big mistakes? 

Personally or professionally.  Give example? 

On 29/10/2020 at 20:31, NoBodyImportant said:

I know you guys like to follow our elections over here so I’d thought I’d share.  Stopped in rural king for some cheese balls and noticed the guns and ammo are not on the shelf.  Thought it was odd.  After not finding the cheese balls I wanted I stopped in the Walmart and the same thing with the guns and ammo.  I asked and the lady told me that BLM have been looting the gun section of Walmart’s so they have safes in the back until the elections are over.  You can still buy them but they got to the back to get it. Apparently lots of stores are doing this across the nation.  

D14B530A-EF61-42D4-A433-7D1A2D758AB7.jpeg

Think yourselves lucky, we aren’t even allowed ‘bangers’ ( fireworks ) or sharp knives! 😂

Certainly looks like a Trump win. Old man Biden was not a good candidate. The next four years are going to be very hard ones, if Biden won it would prove every Democratic scare storey right. Trump had the luxury of riding on the growth trend Obama created, at least over the next term we will see if he really can produce the goods. Either way good luck USA 🇺🇸