RIP Nobby Stiles...

matone

I watched a program during lockdown about the World Cup 66 - Portugal were favourites to win with star player Eusebio having scored 9 goals on Portugal’s way to the semifinals where they met England.

Alf Ramsay gave Nobby the job of man marking Eusebio - which he did to great affect, and the rest is history.

Great player- and another of the legends of 66 gone.

RIP Nobby.

I have actually seen Nobby Stiles plaY for Man Utd at Old Trafford. I had a cousin much older than me who lived at Sale at the time and he would take me to watch Man Utd during the school holidays. 
I got to see Nobby Stiles, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Alex Stephney and all the stars play, and was there to witness Brian Kidds’ first game. 
I had a poster with the autographs on it of both Denis Law and a short lived manager by the name of Frank O’Farrell.
To be honest I had no idea Nobby Stiles was still alive, but good for him; a good life lived well. 

1 hour ago, the hitman said:

I watched a program during lockdown about the World Cup 66 - Portugal were favourites to win with star player Eusebio having scored 9 goals on Portugal’s way to the semifinals where they met England.

Alf Ramsay gave Nobby the job of man marking Eusebio - which he did to great affect, and the rest is history.

Great player- and another of the legends of 66 gone.

RIP Nobby.

I saw that on the Northwest news tonight,  5ft 5 and played like a giant.

12 hours ago, Scully said:

I have actually seen Nobby Stiles plaY for Man Utd at Old Trafford. I had a cousin much older than me who lived at Sale at the time and he would take me to watch Man Utd during the school holidays. 
I got to see Nobby Stiles, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Alex Stephney and all the stars play, and was there to witness Brian Kidds’ first game. 
I had a poster with the autographs on it of both Denis Law and a short lived manager by the name of Frank O’Farrell.
To be honest I had no idea Nobby Stiles was still alive, but good for him; a good life lived well. 

Yes me as well Scully I am old enough to have watched Nobby Stiles Bobby Charlton and George Best all great players, in my humble opinion George Best is still the finest player ever.