Defra propose gamebird releasing licence around protected sites

1 minute ago, PeterHenry said:

I'm not really sure how he could twist not being awarded costs, and a judge saying the action would have been unsuccessful as a win. I known he has a knack for self promotion, but I think even that may be stretched a little thin in this case.

Indeed but then he will not post about it, unless somebody from are side finds away of getting on his blog, does he personally vet what gets posted I wonder?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, rbrowning2 said:

Indeed but then he will not post about it, unless somebody from are side finds away of getting on his blog, does he personally vet what gets posted I wonder?

It is vetted, but credit where it's due, unless you start throwing obscenities around or being particularly vitriolic, he's not particularly tyrannical about the user content.

43 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Anyone can post in his blog; I did so for some time when he was criticising Carries daughter for feeding her kids game shot with lead.

He posted everything I wrote. 
If you are honest and sure of your facts and deal only in facts and logic, you will come across well. Those who oppose you can’t cope when they realise you’re an articulate, educated normal human being. 
It works well with LACS also. You may initially attract all manner of rabid insults and emotive ramblings, but if you keep your composure they will tire and drop out of the debate, leaving you with those who genuinely want to know about why we do what we do. 
Give it a go. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Anyone can post in his blog; I did so for some time when he was criticising Carries daughter for feeding her kids game shot with lead.

If you are honest and sure of your facts and deal only in facts and logic, you will come across well. Those who oppose you can’t cope when they realise you’re an articulate, educated normal human being. 
It works well with LACS also. You may initially attract all manner of rabid insults and emotive ramblings, but if you keep your composure they will tire and drop out of the debate, leaving you with those who genuinely want to know about why we do what we do. 
Give it a go. 

Yes agree. Have done this also. More of us should challenge their mantra. As you have discovered - a reasonable approach is the way forward. 

It’s also important to do this with MPs, the BBC and press etc. I feel this is often left to ‘the org’s’ - but many individuals can have quite an impact. 

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Give it a go. 

Good post Scully! And true. Have done the same. Surprised more don't try it. RPUK site to. They both get a little bit feisty though.😉    More should submit evidence when asked by our orgs and DEFRA to. Results show it works!    NB

13 hours ago, greylag said:

Well done to all the organisations who stood up to the bully boys(and girl).

I wonder if they will come clean and admit how much this defeat has cost them,no doubt their legal team will require their usual high fees.

Good let’s hope the legal team want buckets full of money, they then may run out of money, very soon.

9 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

they then may run out of money, very soon.

I believe they are VERY well funded.  The likes of Packham and May are high worth individuals - as will be many of their friends.  Whilst they might like us to think their supporters are largely the little old ladies who put out a bit of cat food for hedgehogs etc, the reality is that there are quite a few 'arty' high worth types who contribute I believe, and of course a good number of the public largely regard Packham as Attenborough MkII - so they also have large numbers of more modest contributors who will contribute to 'stopping the murder/slaughter' of wild animals.

10 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I believe they are VERY well funded.  The likes of Packham and May are high worth individuals - as will be many of their friends.  Whilst they might like us to think their supporters are largely the little old ladies who put out a bit of cat food for hedgehogs etc, the reality is that there are quite a few 'arty' high worth types who contribute I believe, and of course a good number of the public largely regard Packham as Attenborough MkII - so they also have large numbers of more modest contributors who will contribute to 'stopping the murder/slaughter' of wild animals.

You well informed? Any link or info on that funding? Folk have tried but not been able to find any. They were trying to claim 36k expenses.  . . .I think more  people are starting to see through Packham and co. Talk of him being investigated and been warned before? I thought he would have been worth more than what he is. . . . He will never replace Attenborough! Willing to lie to self promote and nothing original about him at all!      NB

6 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

You well informed? Any link or info on that funding?

No more informed than anyone else.

No specific link.  I read an article back in the spring when the first WJ challenge to DEFRA kicked off.  From memory, the law firm used by WJ had people very much with WJ views, and that not only were they well funded at the time, but had both a number of high worth individuals .......... and plenty of vocal supporters.  No idea now who wrote it or where it was published.  The point of the articles was that WJ were a dangerous challenge to DEFRA as they had a legal team sharing their views, plenty of funds and plenty of (the usual anti types) support.

There is an article here (one of many about WJ funding) https://www.guntradenews.com/comment/stuart-farr-discusses-crowdfundings-impact-on-shooting/

which discusses funding, but it is not the one I originally read.

Edited by JohnfromUK

10 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

No more informed than anyone else.

No specific link.  I read an article back in the spring when the first WJ challenge to DEFRA kicked off.  From memory, the law firm used by WJ had people very much with WJ views, and that not only were they well funded at the time, but had both a number of high worth individuals .......... and plenty of vocal supporters.  No idea now who wrote it or where it was published.  The point of the articles was that WJ were a dangerous challenge to DEFRA as they had a legal team sharing their views, plenty of funds and plenty of (the usual anti types) support.

There is an article here (one of many about WJ funding) https://www.guntradenews.com/comment/stuart-farr-discusses-crowdfundings-impact-on-shooting/

which discusses funding, but it is not the one I originally read.

You probably are John!  . . .  Still some that don't seem bothered so long as they can still pull the trigger. Cheers for link! Interesting read! . . . There lies and misinformation and lack of knowledge needs exposing! They play a clever game, trying to twist the law to suit and fund their agenda. That law firm of money grabbers are the ones that tried prosecuted our troops over Iraq war! Costing us many thousands! Post on C4PMC site about it/them. C4PMC also doing gloves off advent anti posts through December worth a look. A different anti each day.😉  I still think they thought Tony Juniper after his appointment as head of NE was going to dance to there tune. He hasn't! And they don't like it.                                         Tony even commented himself on SM before the review he didn't think the high figures they claiming for number of released birds was right. Lower! Dr NO even tried to get him to retract his comment at the time as he/they thought it out of order.    NB