BBC presenters remove poppies

B725

I've just been watching Alex Belfield on YouTube and it shows that within two minutes of being on air both  BBC presenters had removed their poppies what a disgrace to all the men women and children that died to give us a peaceful and free world,it makes you wonder what the world is coming to.

Naga somebody and some bloke who I cannot remember his name.

BBC World presenters were not allowed to wear poppies because the symbol, worn to remember British and Commonwealth soldiers killed in war, was not recognised abroad and was therefore inappropriate for an international channel, the corporation said.

www.telegraph.co.uk › uknews › B...

BBC defends ban on TV presenters 

41 minutes ago, greylag said:

Apparently the official dates for wearing poppies is 31st Oct to 11th November.A friend of who is in the army told me.

I put mine on this morning as I have also heard that.  I used to wear it from 1st November to 11th Nov.

33 minutes ago, B725 said:

Naga somebody

A type of Chilli - not poppy!

Our Parish Council and village have put up the large poppies on all the posts and signs through the village this last week and they will stay for a couple of weeks at least.

Putting a time limit on remebrance is just idiiotic.  I have not had TV for 36yrs so not in tune.... no pun intended ... with present day BBC. I did see the shot on youtube and just could not believe it. What a ....no no cannot express myself as I will be doing a Ditchie.