Meindl Boots

The Heron

I have wide feet, in Altbergs I wear a 14w, the medium is too narrow but a normal Meindl fits me fine. 
However, may not be what you’re after but I find meindls don’t last half as long as other makes, when new they’re really good but I used to replace mine after 6 months where as my altbergs or lowas generally lasted me up to 2 years of full waterproofing then another year of being good enough 

pay your money and make your choice 

16 hours ago, keeper96 said:

I have wide feet, in Altbergs I wear a 14w, the medium is too narrow but a normal Meindl fits me fine. 
However, may not be what you’re after but I find meindls don’t last half as long as other makes, when new they’re really good but I used to replace mine after 6 months where as my altbergs or lowas generally lasted me up to 2 years of full waterproofing then another year of being good enough 

pay your money and make your choice 

I purchased a pair of Meindle boots back in the late 80s and they lasted me through to about '94 and I decided to buy a second pair. These fell apart in a season of wear.

Expensive and like many items of country wear I think you are paying for a name.

Turns out that the best boots for me are the boots that were supplied to me by the company I used to work for they are from a company called Arco they are comfy from day one and reasonably priced, mine used to last for around eighteen months but I was wearing them for between eight and ten hours a day six days a week.