Centrepin

Went out today with my son to zero his new Sako .243 with scope and moderator.

He found out of 3 types of ammunition it/he prefers Winchester Varmint X.

After he'd zeroed it, I tried just 5 rounds at 101m, firing up hill. Right to left wind 2.9mph. First time I've shot a rifle since around 1999 so I'm not too disappointed. Pulled the first shot.

IMG-20201101-WA0002.jpeg

Very uncomfortable for me. I'd been spoting all morning was very wrapped up in layers and not expecting to shoot at all. It was cold and wet and the wooden tables slimy.

Firing uphill into a narrow gully as a backstop at the BOAR shooting ground. 

I knelt for safe shooting, however, my legs don't support my body for more than a few seconds and my left arm lacks movement. Hence the forced position, stool pushed under to help. I push against the bipod hard to give stability and merely rest my left hand.

Had I been intending to shoot I would have dressed differently and found a more suitable firing position. I was in the process of packing away when my son asked me to fire the last 5 rounds of the day. It was more impromptu than design.

21 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Very uncomfortable for me. I'd been spoting all morning was very wrapped up in layers and not expecting to shoot at all. It was cold and wet and the wooden tables slimy.

I knelt for safe shooting, however, my legs don't support my body for more than a few seconds and my left arm lacks movement. Hence the forced position, stool pushed under to help. I push against the bipod hard to give stability and merely rest my left hand.

Had I been intending to shoot I would have dressed differently and found a more suitable firing position. I was in the process of packing away when my son asked me to fire the last 5 rounds of the day. It was more impromptu than design.

21 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

To centrepin  dont know if your interested in this on ebay 164478592946

• 2 weeks later...