Sloe,s bumper year?

millrace

Evening folks,,so had a walk over cpl fields yesterday and there ceems to be a bumper crop of sloes this year,, so this got me thinking ......

Would anyone who has no access to sloes and would fancy perhaps trying to make a bottle of something tasty like a take away box full, the first to shout will get a delivery!!!!....

So if your just lazy and cant be bothered picking some this is not for you!!!!,,,,

let someone enjoy something they perhaps cant get!!!.....

Just to add,,,this will be a free gesture......

Edited by millrace

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 18:53, millrace said:

Evening folks,,so had a walk over cpl fields yesterday and there ceems to be a bumper crop of sloes this year,, so this got me thinking ......

Would anyone who has no access to sloes and would fancy perhaps trying to make a bottle of something tasty like a take away box full, the first to shout will get a delivery!!!!....

So if your just lazy and cant be bothered picking some this is not for you!!!!,,,,

let someone enjoy something they perhaps cant get!!!.....

Just to add,,,this will be a free gesture......

Shame I didn't see this earlier, I last walked my perms a few weeks ago, place was heading with sloes,  just waiting to ripen, down here as i type and the place has been totally stripped and I'm the only one that walks here.

Where the hell did they go?

18 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Shame I didn't see this earlier, I last walked my perms a few weeks ago, place was heading with sloes,  just waiting to ripen, down here as i type and the place has been totally stripped and I'm the only one that walks here.

Where the hell did they go?

We had the first frost last week, the old boys will have been out in force!

46 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

We had the first frost last week, the old boys will have been out in force!

I just can't work out where they went to, there's nobody else on this permission apart from the landowner and he doesn't pick them, we haven't even had a first proper frost and there's not a single one from top to bottom in the blackthorn bushes, still a few rosehips about but probably not enough to do anything with them.

I had a thread a while ago about birds possibly eating the sloes but opinion was split on whether they do or not, the place is coming down with crows at the minute so maybe they done a number on them

Will be out in the morning if there still there,your welcome to some.....

3 hours ago, Rob85 said:

I just can't work out where they went to, there's nobody else on this permission apart from the landowner and he doesn't pick them, we haven't even had a first proper frost and there's not a single one from top to bottom in the blackthorn bushes, still a few rosehips about but probably not enough to do anything with them.

I had a thread a while ago about birds possibly eating the sloes but opinion was split on whether they do or not, the place is coming down with crows at the minute so maybe they done a number on them