Heads up 9 0clock Blaze

ditchman

"why does everyone hate the British ?"

Al Murray and french comedian.........................should be good for a laugh............secretly i think the British like to be hated by all and sundry...lol..........gives us a sense of acheivement and purpose.........

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

"why does everyone hate the British ?"

Al Murray and french comedian.........................should be good for a laugh............secretly i think the British like to be hated by all and sundry...lol..........gives us a sense of acheivement and purpose.........

Envy? 🙂

6 minutes ago, walshie said:

It's actually why does everyone hate the English?The Scots and Welsh hate us too. Probably sport-related. 

Or maybe because you flooded our villages...

come here on holiday and question why we speak our own language...

Buy all our houses/cottages as second homes - pushing up house prices. Forcing local families to move, school closures etc

probably not just sport related 😂

48 minutes ago, henry d said:

Perhaps we are hated due to being whingeing (poms), intolerant and always making broad generalisations? 🙄

That's explains why so many people are desperate for a UK passport, nope I didn't think so! We're one of the most tolerant countries in the world, try going to the middle East or Africa and being homosexual for instance. I don't know why you stay in the UK if you hate the place and its people so much? 

12 minutes ago, walshie said:

It's actually why does everyone hate the English?The Scots and Welsh hate us too. Probably sport-related. 

There's a lot of Welsh who genuinely love the English, it's more banter than anything, people don't won't admit it, but take the six nations, I know many Welsh supporters who will swear blind both in public and to any English they support Wales and any team playing England, in private they'll tell you it's all for the competition and if Wales I out, they're really routing for England v France or Italy. 

2 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Buy all our houses/cottages as second homes - pushing up house prices. Forcing local families to move, school closures etc

Errr you don’t have to sell all the houses to the highest bidder you can sell them to locals for less money 

2 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Many years ago I was working on commissioning a pumping installation at Amlwch on Anglesey.  As by this stage there was no site facilities my boss ( a Swede) and I went into the village to a café for breakfast.  As we entered all the customers were chatting in English so we went to the counter to order and were asked (in English) what we wanted so he gave our order.  The whole establishment immediately swapped to Welsh as his accent was not very pronounced but obviously not Welsh.

Now as we worked together regularly he had taught me a bit of Swedish so he could make comments without others knowing if there was a problem.  He made one such comment that I responded to that I understood also in Swedish and the entire establishment went back to English.

The point of this story is to highlight that many Welsh speakers only use it to annoy.  I have no problem with them having their own language if it is the primary one used.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Many years ago I was working on commissioning a pumping installation at Amlwch on Anglesey.  As by this stage there was no site facilities my boss ( a Swede) and I went into the village to a café for breakfast.  As we entered all the customers were chatting in English so we went to the counter to order and were asked (in English) what we wanted so he gave our order.  The whole establishment immediately swapped to Welsh as his accent was not very pronounced but obviously not Welsh.

Now as we worked together regularly he had taught me a bit of Swedish so he could make comments without others knowing if there was a problem.  He made one such comment that I responded to that I understood also in Swedish and the entire establishment went back to English.

The point of this story is to highlight that many Welsh speakers only use it to annoy.  I have no problem with them having their own language if it is the primary one used.

Lovely story but only a minority will do this. 

3 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Chip on shoulder much?

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

Chip on shoulder much?

Hilarious! 

my comment was tongue in cheek...

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

If you don't sell them to foreigners you wouldn't have that problem. Self inflicted.

I personally never have 👍🏻

But when you visit the Lleyn at this time of year it’s pretty sad. 
I believe Cornwall and other coastal villages in England are similar. 

It's no different than lowering your voice so others can't hear you, just they are assuming you don't understand the lingo. Sadly it's a dying language, a easy 50% of my Welsh mates are from towns and can't speak a word of it, further into the country its the primary tongue. 

Ill also add there is nothing sexier than a Welsh bird 👌

33 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

It's no different than lowering your voice so others can't hear you, just they are assuming you don't understand the lingo. Sadly it's a dying language, a easy 50% of my Welsh mates are from towns and can't speak a word of it, further into the country its the primary tongue. 

Ill also add there is nothing sexier than a Welsh bird 👌

We are quite lucky then - there are a high number of welsh speakers in my area. 
My wife and I, and our 3 children are first language welsh. 

Also very lucky to marry a ‘welsh bird’ then 😂

80F5513D-1442-45CB-9175-0755A19C54D0.jpeg

1 minute ago, strimmer_13 said:

Love that place, love the paths up the top and getting lost where I shouldn't go 👍

Brilliant! My house is about 2 fields away 😂

Drop me a pm if you’re ever allowed back up this way 🙈
Good shooting on the estuary 👍🏻

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

is that where prisoner was filmed?

Yes 😎

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

is it because everyone beats us up .......and we still get up fighting.....and refuse to lay down and give in ?

I think you are mistaking us with the English that lived here 70 years ago - much as I give immense credance to your posts, I think you may be wrong in this instsance. 

Edited by bruno22rf

15 minutes ago, WelshAndy said:

Brilliant! My house is about 2 fields away 😂

Drop me a pm if you’re ever allowed back up this way 🙈
Good shooting on the estuary 👍🏻

Yes 😎

I didn't trespass, honest 😂 a very kind offer mate👍, tho it's a hell of a trek now, only used to be a 2hr spin, now its about 6hrs of hell last time I went 2 years ago. 

Atb