Threatened with Arrest.

fatchap

Theres a lot of Pricks trying to flex there little bit of power during covid but i would of taken it home and left it lying outside , i really cant see the police attending they are far to busy ( waited 45 minutes after 3x999 calls for them to attend ) and if they did just say its a the dogs favorite toy he loves retrieving it and let them prove you didnt take it with you to play with the dog 

Well it took a bit of searching but it appears the park ranger is quite correct. The Manor or Dagnam Park as its properly known along with Bedfords park just up the road used to be part of Epping Forest which covered most of Essex, My house would have sat slap bang in the middle of it. Epping forest was King Harold's hunting ground and as such he demanded quite a few laws to be put in place. Which 500 odd years later are still in place, but difficult to enforce with the help of a good lawyer. But you can still get done for if your lawyer is not so good.

The few I have picked out are still in force today

No wood shall be removed if longer than a palm (just short of 9cm's)

No Fungi to be picked edible or inedible.

No berries, fruit or vegetables to be removed.

Nothing belonging to the monarchy shall be removed. moved or taken. Back then the deer would have belonged to him so so would the antler 

The walking or exercising of Lurchers Greyhounds, wolfhounds or whippets is banned unless they are the kings own animals. (this is an interesting one)

Sunday has all sorts of laws attached to it, obviously the taking of game on a Sunday we know all about. Most of them concern peasants which is not really valid today.

The list is quite long and by today's standards pretty ridiculous, breaking them there was only one punishment, death. no arguments.

Edited by fatchap

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Theres a few birch trees gone missing from behind us, only one reason I can think of that they've been cut down 😡

i had to chuckle at a story that a gamekeeper told me a few years ago . his main job is forestry , and a couple of lorry loads of pine has been stacked , ready for collection , when he went to collect it , he found one of the caravaners from the site next door , logging up the last length of timber , when he asked him what he was doing , the guy said that everyone from the site that owned a log burner , had filled their wood stores because they thought that it was just scrap wood :lol:

Going on the old theory a empty vessel makes the most noise , You can just picture the switchboard at the police station , " there's Brian the Ranger on the phone again somebodies away with a bit of antler , get the guys off that murder case and send two cars immediately "LOL. 

The local police are probably having a good laugh at him 

21 hours ago, fatchap said:

Well it took a bit of searching but it appears the park ranger is quite correct. The Manor or Dagnam Park as its properly known along with Bedfords park just up the road used to be part of Epping Forest which covered most of Essex, My house would have sat slap bang in the middle of it. Epping forest was King Harold's hunting ground and as such he demanded quite a few laws to be put in place. Which 500 odd years later are still in place, but difficult to enforce with the help of a good lawyer. But you can still get done for if your lawyer is not so good.

Nothing belonging to the monarchy shall be removed. moved or taken. Back then the deer would have belonged to him so so would the antler 

The walking or exercising of Lurchers Greyhounds, wolfhounds or whippets is banned unless they are the kings own animals. (this is an interesting one)

Sunday has all sorts of laws attached to it, obviously the taking of game on a Sunday we know all about. Most of them concern peasants which is not really valid today.

The list is quite long and by today's standards pretty ridiculous, breaking them there was only one punishment, death. no arguments.

So then, will you be going back to apologise to the Park Ranger whose parentage you questioned?:w00t:

I love meeting guys like this - I could waste hours of his time before walking off telling him that my Dog had bought the Antler with him to play catch with. As for him calling the police, I would offer to let him borrow my phone and call his bluff - could you imagine anybody taking him seriousley in the current (or any) climate? Met a few idiots like this in the past and I love playing their game with them.

On 03/11/2020 at 18:22, fatchap said:

The list is quite long.....breaking them there was only one punishment, death. no arguments.

Seems then the Warden let off lightly the OP. "You get a warning this time...but next time it'll be death. With maybe some gibbeting afterwards just to "encourage the others"."

Edited by enfieldspares

On 03/11/2020 at 19:22, fatchap said:

Many years ago when I lived just down the road from bedfords park we often found rabbits and the like while out walking our long legged dogs 😏..fallow were no were near as plentiful as they are today,  mind that was fifty years ago ...there used to be a nice little lake over there with some cracking perch in it ..im told 😀

56 minutes ago, moose man said:

Many years ago when I lived just down the road from bedfords park we often found rabbits and the like while out walking our long legged dogs 😏..fallow were no were near as plentiful as they are today,  mind that was fifty years ago ...there used to be a nice little lake over there with some cracking perch in it ..im told 😀

Not exactly a little lake by any means, its pretty big, but there is defiantly no fishing allowed. 

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Not exactly a little lake by any means, its pretty big, but there is defiantly no fishing allowed. 

Fifty odd years ago was the last time I was there , they didn't seem so bothered back then , we never did any damage or caused any trouble just caught a few rabbits and did a bit of fishing ...might be a better idea to let the local kids fish there and get out doing something   , instead of sitting indoors playing stupid killing games on a computer..

Edited to say if your stuck for a bit of fallow antler let me know , I cull a lot of them and theres bound to be a a few bits kicking around the yard . Even though the local stick maker raids us regularly...

Edited by moose man

Thinking about this for a bit 🤔

If it was your field/park and you went out and saw someone walking off with your antlers or a branch from your tree or a fence post or anything how would you feel 

a kid with a conker or two mum with a couple of kids with blackberry stained faces is probably acceptable but to be honest it wouldn’t be hard to ask permission to pick up the antlers and come to some agreement 

On 03/11/2020 at 09:46, Lloyd90 said:

I would make a serious and lengthy complaint to the council detailing the blokes ridiculous behaviour. 

I can imagine they will tell him to grow up. 

I would continue to make a complaint if you saw him again and he did more silly stuff such as with your mushrooms. 

It goes on their stats and they don’t like it. 

Good advice 

On 05/11/2020 at 18:59, moose man said:

Poaching!

I think the charge of poaching stands little chance of success in court however, a charge of theft may stand a greater chance of success.  Everything has an owner, even trash or perceived trash!  Another mans trash is another mans gold and all that.

Coincidentally, I recall a chap being prosecuted [successfully] by a local council for removing shrubs [I think] that someone "dumped" at the local tip.

His attitude didn't help but...... he is/was just doing his job and unfortunately he may have developed the annoying habit of having only one view of his customers. 

On 07/11/2020 at 12:36, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Poaching!

At the time we were providing a free servis , rabbits were a huge pest and we eat them ..From those early day outings an interest was born that's lasted well over half a century , from fishing to shooting to stalking to dog training ..from keepering to managinging the deer on two estates that has allowed me to get 41 people there first deer ...

Poaching...Guilty my Lord , but I've put a bit back ..