Pain relief patches

AVB

Any advice on good pain relief patches. My shoulders are in bits. I’ve had a number of steroid injections which have limited benefit and spent a fortune on physio which also has limited benefit. They are giving me grief during the night so looking for something I can slap on and hopefully help me sleep. Normal anti-inflammatories or painkillers aren’t touching it. 

I had these earlier this year, had to shave my chest to get them on lol.

I've got nerve damage on my chest and they didn't make a blind bit of difference, subsequently the next step is steroid injections if and when I can go to the hospital. 

Might be worth asking your GP if he will prescribe you a muscle relaxant?

Edit, they were called something like lanocain, can't for the life of me remember exactly nor find the box. I was told there was no guarantee they would work anyway. 

Edited by Farmboy91

I feel sorry for you mate I have dislocated both my shoulders and am riddled with arthritis in them tried fentanyl patches which is morphine for a better word of it the only think I find helps is do some over head exercises with a pulley rig I have made up and cbd oil last thing of a night all the best

25 minutes ago, itchy trigger said:

ask your doctor for some  Butec transdermal patches, you use them 1 weekly, found them good for my aches and pains, past them now, on Fentanyl 72 hour ones

Good choice. Butec is a ‘ controlled’ medication and can only be prescribed by a GP. We use them at work with very positive results for most people. Get good advice as they could impede your driving is used incorrectly 

Thanks all. I spoke to the doctor’s today to ask for the Butec patches but receptionist said not wasn’t urgent and Doctor will call me when he gets time. Probably in 2021! 

It’s the night and early morning that are the worse. I go to the gym daily (or try to) and the exercises the physio and Personal Trainer have come up with help but obviously that wears off during the day. 

This is my list of " happy pills" . For arthritis.

Targinact twice a day, amytryptilline once a day. 

Diazepam, tramadol, paracetamol, cream as needed.

Anti TNF injection once a week.

Oh, plus the Blood Pressure and Stations.

Apart from that, I am great.

Should be Statins not Stations

On 02/11/2020 at 20:06, harrycatcat1 said:

I have just talked to the doctor today about a second frozen shoulder, I had the left operated on this is the right shoulder.

This is good stuff "Fenbid Forte 10% gel"

It's a gel that hits the spot. Had stuff from the chemist but it's a waste of time. 

20201102_200806.jpg

Strange, but I have used this, and it had no effect on easing the pain whatsoever.

please go easy/ be careful  on the patches  your body gets used to it and needs more a bit like druggies harder drugs needed      ive been on fentanyl up to 180mgh  didnt help too much with pain made you feel a bit livelier  however it builds up in your liver  a hot day your pours open you absorb more      early season got a sweat on going out on the salt marsh a few hours later i didnt think i could get back  couldnt sleep walking around the caravan site for hours shaking like a junkie  calmed down drove home  two days early as was in trouble     removed patches    day two withdrawals shaking sweating acing  cramps   had to go back on and wean off  it took me a year to get over the effects of fentanyl      and yet a gp still  wants me to go back on them inc antidepressants for pain relief       and when i throw a few expletives into him have a look at my bloody notes     been there done that many times in the last ten years  inc lidocaine infusions   only lasted 3 weeks and all hell broke loose again       they then recommend the pain clinic at uhc  again in January for the third time    given all else going on no app yet     i take paracetamol  to take the edge off every day however destroys your stomach    must take with food       i have fibromyalgia and neuropathy       my experience may not be the same for someone with a localized pain    be conscious of what you are taking and how it affects you  never wean off one and on to another      stop for a month or two      and then start another     then you will know the ups and downs   

11 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Strange, but I have used this, and it had no effect on easing the pain whatsoever.

Really? It just goes to show that not all things suit everyone. I lather it on the top of my shoulder and I get a good night's sleep.  If I don't I am tossing and turning during the night. The doctor wanted to examine me and have a scan with a view to having it operated on but I declined his offer in this climate of covid.

To the OP I have not had any experience of patches.

20 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Really? It just goes to show that not all things suit everyone. I lather it on the top of my shoulder and I get a good night's sleep.  If I don't I am tossing and turning during the night. The doctor wanted to examine me and have a scan with a view to having it operated on but I declined his offer in this climate of covid.

To the OP I have not had any experience of patches.

I agree. Not all things work for all people. I gave a tube of this to my elderly mother, and she says it 'helps' ease the pain. The only answer for me, regarding my arthritic knee, is a replacement, which doesn't bother me, but, I would need a long time off work to recover, and I cannot afford it.

I've been on Tramadol for over 12 years, apart from one foray into MST Morphine and Oromorph, which nearly killed me. 6 weekes ago, I bought a bottle of CBD oil with 20% Hydroxu Quinone, it's not cheap, but in that time I've only had 3 Tramadol.

https://naturallynorthcbd.co.uk/product/canna-pharma-cbd-hq-oil-drops-2000mg/

On 05/11/2020 at 16:55, kernel gadaffi said:

I've been on Tramadol for over 12 years, apart from one foray into MST Morphine and Oromorph, which nearly killed me. 6 weekes ago, I bought a bottle of CBD oil with 20% Hydroxu Quinone, it's not cheap, but in that time I've only had 3 Tramadol.

https://naturallynorthcbd.co.uk/product/canna-pharma-cbd-hq-oil-drops-2000mg/

just gone down the same route as you       fibromyalgia and neuropathy      cbd brothers purple  i can move easier less tired and sleep better however its early days still have flareups not as vicious last a day rather than a week or more its looking promising    so far  may be other strains / blends   may work better          i have tried everything else from gp found to be  lacking