Terrorism in Austria, Guns, bombs and looks to be 7 Dead

RockySpears

He was jailed for pledging allegiance to isis but was let go 

32F83778-0684-496B-B7C1-68C9C4A1FC48.jpeg

6 hours ago, MirokuMK70 said:

Our mass shooting nutters aren't as effective as your mass shooting nutters... they get less practice.

I feel like six people with zero experience and a muskets could get at least one each.  Part of me thinks that there is no way there was six shooters.  

20 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

He was jailed for pledging allegiance to isis but was let go 

32F83778-0684-496B-B7C1-68C9C4A1FC48.jpeg

I feel like six people with zero experience and a muskets could get at least one each.  Part of me thinks that there is no way there was six shooters.  

Trouble is, mate, people in Europe in general lack the minerals to “ have a go”. It took a bloke on a criminal re-educational course with a whale tusk and two chefs with chair to quash London’s last two terror attacks. If we had the license to carry in Britain then we’d have sorted it decades ago. But if they keep us frightened then they can control us easier.

Sad loss of life. I see that the UK terrorism threat has been raised to severe, I do wonder if the data supporting this is legit or if they are just using the unfortunate events in France and Austria to attempt to reinforce public compliance with the new lockdown we are facing. Hopefully we'll never get to find out I suppose.

23 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

Trouble is, mate, people in Europe in general lack the minerals to “ have a go”. It took a bloke on a criminal re-educational course with a whale tusk and two chefs with chair to quash London’s last two terror attacks. If we had the license to carry in Britain then we’d have sorted it decades ago. But if they keep us frightened then they can control us easier.

What a load of tosh. 

FYI The guy with the Tusk was born in SA and one of the others was from Poland. Fortunately you don't have a license to carry. Goodness knows who would get shot.

Very sad state of affairs.

Just now, oowee said:

What a load of tosh. 

FYI The guy with the Tusk was born in SA and one of the others was from Poland. Fortunately you don't have a license to carry. Goodness knows who would get shot.

Very sad state of affairs.

This. For a start the terrorists would likely have better access to firearms themselves. And that's literally just for starters.

I

3 hours ago, toontastic said:

That's obviously why they use cars and knives 

I think the car/van/knives guys are a bit more random and reacting to specific events, like the beheadings in France.

The gun-toters are the more sophisticated (if that is the right term) terrorists, maybe a modicum of planning.  It may be that there are a number of them sitting on a small arsenal and it comes out when things seem opportune.

These are not "normal" people.  These are not those looking for a brighter future, these are fantasists/Jihadists just biding their time.

I watched a Lex Fridman/Dan Carlin podcast yesterday that touched on the subject:  "I could do more damage with a can of gasoline and  bic lighter than these terrorists".

As terrorists go, they "seem" rubbish (sadly the Irish were better at it). OK, they kill people, but I am pretty sure that with a 9mm hand gun and an AK-47 and 2-3 clips, more damage seems probable.  There is an under-pass near my local football club, on match days 5 - 7,000 people stream through it to a car park.  It's a bottle-neck.  It would be awful.

The hard part is what to do about it all?  What can be done?  In the case of an individual with no previous, I contend that there is nothing that can be done.  We can only be individually prepared and do our part when things go to Hell in a Handcart.

Those contending that we can round them all up and send them somewhere obviously have no idea how many there are here that we do not even know about.

What a sad state of affairs,

RS