US Election Results!

Lloyd90

47 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

And I think that's where trump needs to be careful, if he doesn't flip the vote or at least show there was widespread voting irregularities, his credibility is gone. If however he proves he was right it's going to send shock waves through America and beyond and he'll certainly go up in my estimations, I can't see it happening, but only time will tell. 

What credibility?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I’m not saying the behaviour of some remainers was not negative, but it didn’t attempt to undermine the nature of the democratic process

Some people have very short memories.
How about a second vote , but lowering the voting age to 16 ?
How about left wing oligarchs who arent even citizens , financing groups to overturn the vote ?
Our state run and funded broadcaster, that did everything in its power to support remain, before and after the vote ?
How about our own government coming down squarely on the remain side, and producing inaccurate and misleading  literature (at OUR expense) in the run up to voting ?
How about Theresa May patsying up to the EU , and doing everything she could to not implement the vote, eventually having to be forcibly removed so it could ?
How about an opposition that did likewise ?
Two general elections necessary, to put a government into power, so that a DEMOCRATIC vote could be carried out.

Undermine the democratic process?
It wasnt undermined , it was SUSPENDED .

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Some people have very short memories.
How about a second vote , but lowering the voting age to 16 ?
How about left wing oligarchs who arent even citizens , financing groups to overturn the vote ?
Our state run and funded broadcaster, that did everything in its power to support remain, before and after the vote ?
How about our own government coming down squarely on the remain side, and producing inaccurate and misleading  literature (at OUR expense) in the run up to voting ?
How about Theresa May patsying up to the EU , and doing everything she could to not implement the vote, eventually having to be forcibly removed so it could ?
How about an opposition that did likewise ?
Two general elections necessary, to put a government into power, so that a DEMOCRATIC vote could be carried out.

This. 

45 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

And due to the suspension of leaving the EU we may well have lost a trade deal with the USA as it would have been signed, sealed and delivered if we'd have left after the vote instead of kicking the can down the road for 3 years

Edited by Deker

On 11/11/2020 at 11:13, Rewulf said:

Thanks, Im aware the AP one (who have called it)  that I showed is not correct, but projected.
It was actually part of a meme that didnt get copied over correctly, but just showed the correlation % between Brexit and the US election.

It seems 90 % of the media are rubbing their hands with glee that they have finally 'ousted ' the Donald.
Oh what beautiful irony it would be if their dreams were shattered :good:

A good chance that that will happen with the amount of evidence Rudy is putting together and even Democrats are coming forward as witnesses to fraudulent actions.  Haven't heard a word from the Fat lady yet.  There is going to be a lot of tissues needed to wipe the egg off if it does go Donalds way.

6 minutes ago, toontastic said:

We in the free world keep trying  to bring democracy to everyone else, yet we can't even seem to get it right ourselves. 

That is the embarrassing part.  I do believe we are a little better at it than the Americans.  At least we do it in a more consistent way.

4 hours ago, mick miller said:

And Hillary had none. Sheesh, she had a face like a smacked **** for four years and threw as much invented muck as she could through the courts. My, some memories are short. 

She didn't have any histrionics about the result being bogus and how everything was rigged against her and it was all illegal.

Odd isn't it for all this grand sophisticated conspiracy by the democrats to ditch Trump via coordinated election fraud covering multiple states, they couldn't actually manage to rig the election in the same way to get a majority in the senate and they have a reduced majority in the house?

You'd have thought if they had the ability to rig the highest profile US election in decades they would have gone the whole hog to get a clean sweep so they can actually implement their policies unhindered...curious!

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Just a bit 
Im not confident, but it would be a massive vindication, and would tip the system on its head if that level of corruption was exposed.

If there is endemic corruption in the US election process then Trump would deserve huge credit for bringing that to the fore and would mark him out as a true supporter of democracy and the democratic process.

I think it would also precipitate some huge internal challenges in the US with the potential to be very dangerous.

From all the commentary I have seen from non partisan sources I absolutely don't expect it will be a thing however.

Well, that's it, realclearpolitics.com has Biden on 279, which means he has now won. Subject to any legal challenges (none have worked thus far) the kid-sniffing, female-molesting, terrorist-supporting, KKK-eulogising, racist-policy-supporting, old warmonger, Joe Biden is the 46th President of the USA! I imagine he'll be straight on the phone wanting to thrash out foreign policy with Krushchev, Willy Brandt and Wilson.

God help us all.

Edited by mick miller

11 minutes ago, grrclark said:

She didn't have any histrionics about the result being bogus and how everything was rigged against her and it was all illegal.

Odd isn't it for all this grand sophisticated conspiracy by the democrats to ditch Trump via coordinated election fraud covering multiple states, they couldn't actually manage to rig the election in the same way to get a majority in the senate and they have a reduced majority in the house?

You'd have thought if they had the ability to rig the highest profile US election in decades they would have gone the whole hog to get a clean sweep so they can actually implement their policies unhindered...curious!

Ummm... what was the Russian collusion hoax all about then?

3 hours ago, Deker said:

And due to the suspension of leaving the EU we may well have lost a trade deal with the USA as it would have been signed, sealed and delivered if we'd have left after the vote instead of kicking the can down the road for 3 years

Rewulf and yourself Absolutely spot on, the remainiacs are literally trying to make the UK cave in on itself all because they didn't get their own way, all Trump is asking for at the moment is a check that no voter fraud has taken place, provided that's done correctly depending on the result, it should be straightforward, providing the losing side accepts the result, unlike what's happenes/happening with brexit. 

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

To be fair to trump although he's a detestable person, he's got more done than Obama ever did. 

Must be a few hundred thousand at his jamborees who are also detestable.  Yes, he has an EGO the size of Manhattan BUT he has pulled the USA back up from the doldrums under Obama and Biden.  Remind me, how many billions in cash did Obama fly out to Iran.  He has certainly rattled the troughs of the detestable political classes and bruised a few noses.

49 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Rewulf and yourself Absolutely spot on, the remainiacs are literally trying to make the UK cave in on itself all because they didn't get their own way, all Trump is asking for at the moment is a check that no voter fraud has taken place, provided that's done correctly depending on the result, it should be straightforward, providing the losing side accepts the result, unlike what's happenes/happening with brexit. 

I wholeheartedly agree that Trump is fully entitled to ensure that the election process was fair, compliant with the law and free of abuse.

However, that is not even close to being "all" that Trump is asking for.  He and his supporters are deliberately agitating unrest and disquiet in his support base by making full out statements, supported by very little substantive evidence, that the election was fraudulent.  From the evidence of social media there is a hysteria among Trump voters that they have been shafted and cheated.

This is no measured campaign to check the vote as part of the certification process that each state has to perform, this is a full frontal, unabridged campaign to claim this election has been skewed by fraud even before any evidence has been submitted and assessed by an independent judiciary.

For many Trump supporters, and I daresay that includes a fair few on here, if/when the election is formally certified in favour of Biden, after Trump has exhausted the legal process, they will still claim foul and not be accepting of the result.  I will wager right now that Trump will continue to call foul too and claim a vast conspiracy against him.

Following the premise as outlined by you is it not unreasonable to suggest that Trump is trying to make the US cave in itself because he has not got his own way?

24 minutes ago, ditchman said:

does President Trump still have access to "the book of secrets"....and

1. did roswell really happen
  2. did the moon landings really happen
  3. and most important of all does Elvis really work in a chip shop

he should write a book and spill the beans...

One problem, it would involve him "talking" about something other than himself.

3 hours ago, toontastic said:

We in the free world keep trying  to bring democracy to everyone else, yet we can't even seem to get it right ourselves. 

True. Unfortunately across the majority of the world, two party political systems have become a race to the bottom. The choice is almost like choosing between two pooh sandwiches on the basis that one has a dressing you prefer compared to the other one.

Sadly I don't see Populism, identity politics or the suggestion economy waning any time soon because both (or perhaps all) sides are more or less equally to blame. In the case of the US, the Democrats are one of the main reasons Trump came to power.

53 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I wholeheartedly agree that Trump is fully entitled to ensure that the election process was fair, compliant with the law and free of abuse.

However, that is not even close to being "all" that Trump is asking for.  He and his supporters are deliberately agitating unrest and disquiet in his support base by making full out statements, supported by very little substantive evidence, that the election was fraudulent.  From the evidence of social media there is a hysteria among Trump voters that they have been shafted and cheated.

This is no measured campaign to check the vote as part of the certification process that each state has to perform, this is a full frontal, unabridged campaign to claim this election has been skewed by fraud even before any evidence has been submitted and assessed by an independent judiciary.

For many Trump supporters, and I daresay that includes a fair few on here, if/when the election is formally certified in favour of Biden, after Trump has exhausted the legal process, they will still claim foul and not be accepting of the result.  I will wager right now that Trump will continue to call foul too and claim a vast conspiracy against him.

Following the premise as outlined by you is it not unreasonable to suggest that Trump is trying to make the US cave in itself because he has not got his own way?

All fair points, although I still stand by the view that many remainers in this country have done far worse standing in the way of democracy with the brexit process here. If trump does as you say and I agree he might, there is no excuse for that and will make him as bad as the remainiacs here.