Jump to content

US Election Results!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, scobydog said:

Historically the Democrats were the racists, easy to find if you look. 

The 1st black congressmen were Republicans. S

In "Gone with the Wind", the book, there is an excellent account of Republicans canvassing votes amongst the freed slaves, saying that Jesus knew  " 'publicans and sinners", and they should not vote for the sinners! 😂

Edited by amateur
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, amateur said:

In "Gone with the Wind", the book, there is an excellent account of Republicans canvassing votes amongst the freed slaves, saying that Jesus knew  " 'publicans and sinners", and they should not vote for the sinners! 😂

Well you learn something every day amateur thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennsylvania's set to be certified. The judge has given the boot to Trump's absurd little court drama. 

'This Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence. In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more.'

At one point the judge said, 'The claim like Frankenstein’s Monster, has been haphazardly stitched together'. Ouch. Rudy Giuliani can't have enjoyed that!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a update on my dad.  There is literally no one that can explain how my father voted in the 2016 election.  This was his first election in his entire life he has ever voted in.  He did get switched from registered Democrat to registered Republican though.  But according a his voting record a ballot was cast in his name in the last election.  My ballot has still not been counted but apparently they stop counting ballots if the ballots left can’t mathematically change the outcome.  So I am not sure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Well a update on my dad.  There is literally no one that can explain how my father voted in the 2016 election.  This was his first election in his entire life he has ever voted in.  He did get switched from registered Democrat to registered Republican though.  But according a his voting record a ballot was cast in his name in the last election.  My ballot has still not been counted but apparently they stop counting ballots if the ballots left can’t mathematically change the outcome.  So I am not sure.  

That's concerning to say the least, although in itself its obviously not proof of wide scale fraud, its evidence fraud and or errors can and do happen. Take the whole trump and election debate out of it, in the UK I and many others have thought for a long time postal voting in particular needs looking at as its wide open to vote rigging. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could the Republicans' legal challenge be any more incompetent? Chris Christie's called the legal team 'a national embarrassment' and there desperately trying to backtrack from one of their own lawyers' comments! Sidney Powell's now been cut adrift after her slightly mad press conference the other day. If there are provable allegations, they're doing just about everything they can to bury them in a pile of ineptitude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Could the Republicans' legal challenge be any more incompetent? Chris Christie's called the legal team 'a national embarrassment' and there desperately trying to backtrack from one of their own lawyers' comments! Sidney Powell's now been cut adrift after her slightly mad press conference the other day. If there are provable allegations, they're doing just about everything they can to bury them in a pile of ineptitude.

Got to agree, I see a lot of noise coming from trumps legal team, but it seems to reduce to mutterings in court. I think all they've shown is small scale frauds have taken place, like any election, but they certainly haven't proved anything wide scale yet, or at least not to my mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Could the Republicans' legal challenge be any more incompetent? Chris Christie's called the legal team 'a national embarrassment' and there desperately trying to backtrack from one of their own lawyers' comments! Sidney Powell's now been cut adrift after her slightly mad press conference the other day. If there are provable allegations, they're doing just about everything they can to bury them in a pile of ineptitude.

 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Got to agree, I see a lot of noise coming from trumps legal team, but it seems to reduce to mutterings in court. I think all they've shown is small scale frauds have taken place, like any election, but they certainly haven't proved anything wide scale yet, or at least not to my mind. 

There really was an inevitable conclusion to all of this, shouting as loud as they could about how the whole thing was rigged, but when a bright light was shone on them in the many court settings they withered.  Will he concede or will he string it out right to the bitter end?

The question is now, how long until Trump starts to call out that he was hugely mislead by his legal team and how they have played it all wrong, their incompetence as well as all the systemic fraud has cost him?  Powell was well and truly thrown under the bus.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grrclark said:

 

There really was an inevitable conclusion to all of this, shouting as loud as they could about how the whole thing was rigged, but when a bright light was shone on them in the many court settings they withered.  Will he concede or will he string it out right to the bitter end?

The question is now, how long until Trump starts to call out that he was hugely mislead by his legal team and how they have played it all wrong, their incompetence as well as all the systemic fraud has cost him?  Powell was well and truly thrown under the bus.

 

I've tried to keep an open mind on it, I felt the accusations with that earth shattering they must surely have had some very strong evidence. But as yet its looking rather silly, especially since trump for all his faults has in fairness done some pretty big things for the USA, now he'll be remembered for his leaving stunt, rather than some of the good he did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I've tried to keep an open mind on it, I felt the accusations with that earth shattering they must surely have had some very strong evidence. But as yet its looking rather silly, especially since trump for all his faults has in fairness done some pretty big things for the USA, now he'll be remembered for his leaving stunt, rather than some of the good he did. 

Yes, Trump’s style of approach and public conduct will certainly be remembered much more than the substance of his delivery.

It is a shame, despite his odious character I liked how he shook up the established political firmament.  It never r eally hurts when established and tired institutions are forced to take a look at themselves and how they operate.

Like you I did have an open mind about the claims of the election being rigged, but very early on when there was a storm of hysteria on Twitter and in the Trump friendly media, but little substance being presented to back it up, i thought it was a charade.

Also the scale of what was being claimed was so significant that it just stopped being plausible.  The fact that he had started to seed the idea with the same slogans and strap-lines before the election also made it feel so much more contrived.

I see that while still vowing to fight on he is gradually conceding and not blocking so much of the transitional activities.

His last acts may be signing many pardons for perjury for those who took a shilling to sign affidavits in support of the campaign. (Said tongue in cheek....ish)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2020 at 15:38, Rewulf said:

Lets hope Republicans give them 4 years of spite and allegations to match the 4 they gave Trump.

Just wait till they slide Harris into POTUS , and a lot of the Democrat voters see how theyve been deceived ?

On the nail.  The plan all along.  The fat lady has just taken a sip of lemon juice to loosen her vocal chords.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

$14billion - the cost of 2020 US elections according to BBC. Subsidies for Obamacare cost $55billion in the same period. All of a sudden healthcare looks quite reasonably priced. 

That depends whos paying for it I suppose ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

the election carp is over................the next load of carp is waving the big stick now.............has just gone on camera and is waving the big stick in a very threatneing manner over ireland

why cant the yanks keep their noses out of british politics

 

im spitting blood and feathers over this.................oh.....and Kerry has gone all happy clappy.......alleluya brother ...bloody self abusers

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I think he will. He’s mad but not insane. 

Hopefully this draws a line under the division and delusional accusations. 

I rather suspect he is a little insane.

I don’t for one second imagine this will change his rhetoric, in fact I think he’ll ramp it up.

The perpetually gullible, hard of thinking and wilfully ignorant Trump acolytes will continue to believe him too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, grrclark said:

I rather suspect he is a little insane.

I don’t for one second imagine this will change his rhetoric, in fact I think he’ll ramp it up.

The perpetually gullible, hard of thinking and wilfully ignorant Trump acolytes will continue to believe him too.

I think he is barking mad. Step back and examine the facts, this man was PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES when he should have been in some secure facility for those with little grasp on reality.

History will be the judge

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I think he is barking mad. Step back and examine the facts, this man was PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES when he should have been in some secure facility for those with little grasp on reality.

History will be the judge

I kinda like trump , but your post is probably one of the most accurate things I've seen written on the whole subject. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

New York State prosecutors haven't wasted any time. The very minute after Biden was formally confirmed as President they gave Trump till Friday to hand over his tax records.

They are obviously on the scent of something, they wouldn't have moved so decisively and publicly if they weren't sure of their evidence. Their careers are on the line if they screw it up  

White House to Big House for Trump? maybe the best bits are yet to come?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

White House to Big House for Trump? 

Unless he presidentially pardons himself or has been suggested by his acolytes resigns at 11:55 a.m. on January 20 and have Mike Pence as acting president issue a pardon.  But you are right I think it is about to get very interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...