US Election Results!

Lloyd90

Absolute madness. 

I genuinely worry for friends across the pond because the line between truth and bonkers conspiracy theory is now blurred in the most dangerous way and people on both sides are angry, in some cases to the extent of spoiling for trouble.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Absolute madness. 

I genuinely worry for friends across the pond because the line between truth and bonkers conspiracy theory is now blurred in the most dangerous way and people on both sides are angry, in some cases to the extent of spoiling for trouble.

Wait until you hear about the precinct that reported 138,339 votes cast and 138,339 votes are all Biden in MI

11 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Absolute madness. 

Wait until you hear about the precinct that reported 138,339 votes cast and 138,339 votes are all Biden in MI

The whole mail in ballot and no voter ID laws is a sham.  Poeple was getting 10 or so ballots in the mail.  And since there is no cross reference you they where using honer system for in person voting.  So you could send your 10 mail in ballots in.  Then you good go vote in person.  Then since Democrats blocked voter identification laws you could go back and vote for your neighbor.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

10 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The whole mail in ballot and no voter ID laws is a sham.  Poeple was getting 10 or so ballots in the mail.  And since there is no cross reference you they where using honer system for in person voting.  So you could send your 10 mail in ballots in.  Then you good go vote in person.  Then since Democrats blocked voter identification laws you could go back and vote for your neighbor.  

Sounds more an African election rather the USA.

Heading for court then I'd guess?

15 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Postal votes are a  shambles in the U.K. as well. We also don’t have voter identification either. 

I think Biden is going to nick it. 

17 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

That is pure stupidity for USA to allow.

33 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Is there any evidence that voters from one side are more likely to abuse the system than others? Because the situation described sounds like it would happen in both directions, especially if it were organised as is being claimed.

^^^^ 👍 Orthat numbers are likely to be of any significance. Both candidates have t play on the field provided. 

33 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It has been proposed ......... but is opposed by the Labour, LibDem and Green parties (for our Amerian readers, these are our left of centre parties).

For obvious reasons making it more difficult for some sections of society to vote. A better system all around would be to have ID cards but those proposals were blocked by the right of centre parties? Voter fraud in the UK is evidenced as not significant. Far better an overhaul of the whole system bbring in one person one vote democracy rather than the weighted MP system we have.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

For obvious reasons making it more difficult for some sections of society to vote.

I don't really accept that - the same 'sections of society are (I assume) those likely to be claiming various benefits, so would need ID for that (I presume?)

44 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It has been proposed ......... but is opposed by the Labour, LibDem and Green parties (for our Amerian readers, these are our left of centre parties).

You do need ID in this part of the UK, no big deal or need for a ID cards. 

Northern Ireland.

The following documents are accepted at polling stations as proof of identity:

• A UK, Irish or EEA driving licence (photographic part) (provisional accepted)
  • A UK, Irish or EU passport (note: EU passports are not accepted at UK Parliamentary elections)
  • An Electoral Identity Card
  • A Translink Senior SmartPass 
  • A Translink 60+ SmartPass
  • A Translink War Disabled SmartPass
  • A Translink Blind Person’s SmartPass

•  

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

^^^^ 👍 Orthat numbers are likely to be of any significance. Both candidates have t play on the field provided. 

For obvious reasons making it more difficult for some sections of society to vote. A better system all around would be to have ID cards but those proposals were blocked by the right of centre parties? Voter fraud in the UK is evidenced as not significant. Far better an overhaul of the whole system bbring in one person one vote democracy rather than the weighted MP system we have.

When you day some sections of society who do you mean? Those that can get id are everyone legally in the country. 

1 hour ago, Zapp said:

Absolute madness. 

Agreed. So divided and angry. Whichever way it falls almost half the country will be bitter.

Although, the most shocking thing for me is that these two are the only candidates a country as advanced and powerful as the US puts forward. I know the parties' memberships vote for them, but (imo) they're both dreadful in their own way!

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

No mention of Russian interference this time round 😉

Yet... 🤣

1 minute ago, Teal said:

Agreed. So divided and angry. Whichever way it falls almost half the country will be bitter.

Although, the most shocking thing for me is that these two are the only candidates a country as advanced and powerful as the US puts forward. I know the parties' memberships vote for them, but (imo) they're both dreadful in their own way!

Yet... 🤣

so now they know how we feel about Brexit

13 minutes ago, Teal said:

Yet... 🤣

Many of USA shops have been boarded up in anticipation of riots whichever side wins. its too close, rather like the Brexit referendum. I think a much clearer win would avoid the hatred.

Farage is over there and put up a youtube video about all the boardings

Edited by Dave-G

11 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

When you day some sections of society who do you mean? Those that can get id are everyone legally in the country. 

Mobile workers, students, those from over seas target ethnic minorities etc.  It would of course depend on what type of ID was required. Even the simplest form would exclude 3.5m* and passport style would exclude 6m*. None of it of course having any impact on postal voting*.

* source Electroral Commission study 2015.

14 minutes ago, Teal said:

Yet... 🤣

Which is the way of the vast majority of elections when people feel passionately about things.

Many of USA shops have been boarded up in anticipation of riots whichever side wins. its too close, rather like the Brexit referendum. I think a much clearer win would avoid the hatred.

Like anywhere it would depend on where you live in America, lots of places have and will remain unaffected.  If we boarded up every time there was trouble, the shops would never be open. 

16 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

No mention of Russian interference this time round 😉

I'm sure it'll happen. 

16 minutes ago, Teal said:

Yet... 🤣

It does make you wonder,  there must be better candidates available?

30 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I don't really accept that - the same 'sections of society are (I assume) those likely to be claiming various benefits, so would need ID for that (I presume?)

Electoral commission report no mention of benefit claimants who as you say would have ID.

2 hours ago, Zapp said:

the line between truth and bonkers conspiracy theory is now blurred in the most dangerous way

I can only agree with this, what is brewing is not good. Senior members of both parties need to call for patience and calm. National unity is more important than which man gets to sit on the big chair.