Beaters in demand today

B725

I've been on a new shoot today beating as the shoot normally shoots on Saturday its been a bit like the film dirty dozen dragging people in from wherever they could there has been a lot of shoots today as they have tried to get in a day before lockdown. It was a long day as they wanted to shoot as they dont know when the next one will be, total bag was 249 . I missed having the dog but he had a bad cut on his ear on Saturday I didn't want to open it up.

Yeah, quite a few shoots locally due to shoot next Saturday, have been squeezing them in mid week, and with kids still at school beaters have been in short supply.

I was out yesterday in the pouring rain, with one almost vertical climb ( literally hands and knees stuff ) through a wonderful coniferous wood at the foot of the Pennines, to get to the start point! Getting down was much easier. 🙂

The sad thing was we didn’t do this usually spectacular drive justice as there is a lot of ground to cover and there just wasn’t enough of us. That’s it now ‘til who knows when.