Tripod for foxes

Gerry78

I tried, bipod's, tripods, and so on. Quad sticks are the way to go. The 2 point rest on the tripod is because they are not steady enough alone as otherwise you have 1 point of contact allowing the stock to move freely. They are also more prone to failure of the tubes in the field, not so easy to carry but probably better in an ambush being able to leave the rifle in place.

Quad sticks are so stable that I zero my rifle off mine. Easy to carry and quick to deploy. They work up hill, down hill and they can traverse a tripod simply cannot do those things as easily. 

2 hours ago, wabbit warren said:

Quad stick for me     ive shot foxes out to over 200yds at night with ease off them

saying that a couple of mates are using camera tripods with 360 heads and the saddle clamps

if anyone is intrested i will sort out some pics of there set ups   all the bits come from ebay

My Primos trigger stick is fitted with a 360 degree swivel head and hog saddle clamp. Very sturdy.

6 hours ago, wabbit warren said:

Quad stick for me     ive shot foxes out to over 200yds at night with ease off them

saying that a couple of mates are using camera tripods with 360 heads and the saddle clamps

if anyone is intrested i will sort out some pics of there set ups   all the bits come from ebay

That would be great give me idea of options which way to use them 👍👍

Had x2 sets of the primo trigger sticks and on both had problems with legs either seizing up on one, and other collapsing, now use the Rekon tripod after using manfrotto tripod with monkey clamp for many yrs, tripods are great for static positions where you can leave rifle in clamp and use both hands freely for using bino or NV spotter, tripod and clamp has to be strong enough to support your rifle, also use viper flex quad sticks when doing a lot of walking.

I use both. The quad sticks win for stability, but the tripod is good for some situations. Shooting at very steep angles; shooting from seated; changing point of aim quickly. Also, when I'm baiting pigs, it's useful to have the rifle all setup and ready to go. They can be quite sensitive to noise.

15 hours ago, stevieknuckles said:

Primos tripod trigger sticks for me, I shot eight Wednesday night all standing. My mates Ewes are lambing so a fair bit of walking around on hilly ground. They are quick, self levelling, and light most shots I take are within 150 yards I’ve never tried clamps or quad sticks so can’t vouch for them.

Good job mate I’ve been on net researching and the primos tripod got great reviews 👍👍👍

On 09/11/2020 at 08:58, Gerry78 said:

Good job mate I’ve been on net researching and the primos tripod got great reviews 👍👍👍

As I mentioned before, I've used a Primos Gen 3 tripod for a few years. I purchased a 2 point gun rest, which was excellent, but have now fitted a 360 degree panoramic camera tripod head quick release. It's brilliant and fits perfectly on the Primos (Ebay # 123233775281)

Edited by steve_b_wales

22 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

As I mentioned before, I've used a Primos Gen 3 tripod for a few years. I purchased a 2 point gun rest, which was excellent, but have now fitted a 360 degree panoramic camera tripod head quick release. It's brilliant and fits perfectly on the Primos (Ebay # 123233775281)

Thanks mate il also have a look 👍👍