Today’s outing

Newkid

As I’ve been focusing on the Corvids I’ve been noticing a fair few pigeons landing on the power lines you’ll see in the background on the video so decided to break out the enforcer  half shells to see if I could drag a few in well the day started of terrible and couldn’t hit a barn door the it happened I popped my 🍒 and had my first left & right 🥳 🙌🏻 plenty of hits and misses after but I was more than happy 😃 got caught out in the end though as I decided to leave at 5 o’clock come 5.15 it was pitch black and couldn’t see a bloody thing 🤦🏻‍♂️Hope you enjoy the video atb Dean 

Just now, Spr1985 said:

Great footage, purely out of interest, is the shot cam calibrated to your gun and also what cartridges where you using? 

Yeah mate calibrate it every time I use it saying that I done it one handed today . I was using 32g 6s clear pigeon   Any tips would come in handy have you noticed something atb Dean

1 minute ago, snow white said:

Don’t think it is calibrated to the gun

Could be right but if a rush job today 

16 minutes ago, Newkid said:
20 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Yeah mate calibrate it every time I use it saying that I done it one handed today . I was using 32g 6s clear pigeon   Any tips would come in handy have you noticed something atb Dean

Hi dean, I’m far from qualified for giving tips 🤣 I’m not a bad shot but I’ve not been shooting for many years and far more qualified gents are on here that can give pointers. Just from watching the footage it seemed the cam wasn’t calibrated but didn’t want to assume. What I can say is (in my opinion) the cartridges you where using where more than adequate 👍🏻

Looks like that could have been a potentially good outing.

Errors I noticed:

You were overleading the vast majority of shots - the Corvids had no speed on them and you could have cut the lead in 1/2 or more in some cases.

The second woodie you were lucky to get as you overlead that even though its speed was greater than the corvids.

You spend way, way too much time with the gun in the shoulder.

If you try shooting the corvids - pull away method - you may have greater success - lock on rear of bird - gives you the line - then put on the small amount of lead required. Even the true crossers needed very little lead - 12 - 18" generally.

You were just off line with several shots, at least shooting pull away you will be on the bird which is a good start to learning the line.

Knowone gets it right every time and you were doing a good job for the farmer !

Edited by Shotkam

As been said the calibration looks ok, I have played this video at 1.5 real speed and you are all over the place, missing below, above, behind and in front, also the gun is spending far to much time at your shoulder, having said that I enjoyed watching and I think you are aware of your faults, the more you are out shooting the more you will learn and hopefully improve, a day or two at your local clay ground with an instructor may help.

• 2 weeks later...

last shot on the ground center pattern    move smoothly and maintain lead  averages will improve use the bird silhouette to measure lead (old school) ie 3 4 5 or 6 birds or more lengths   for any quarry  use them to reference lead    grandad said  if 5 back end use 6  in the head   same applies to all species inc ground game   imagine a spot x  lengths in line despite angle of flight and  shoot there  (imagine any bird in any direction up down left right climbing diving quartering  decoying etc needs 6 birds lengths   shoot the imaginary spot 6 length in front may be a ft left of the body given angle  )        a camera like this to me its a learning aid     wish i had one 30 yrs ago it would have answered many questions and saved me a fortune 😁  rather than the hard way       move slow / less to correct    consistent line / less to correct /   and lead adjust according to distance  out of three possible you only adjust one   lead             mount slow   move smooth   add lead             shoot faster         less going wrong if that makes sense              i can only liken it to any manual  job     if it looks effortless  and looks easy its right   rushed wrong 

none of this is a critism  i learned from grandad up to 14y when he passed        then the hard way      dad couldnt hid a barn door if locked in the barn  and couldn't teach jack or show anything other than yell and sulk for days  despite grandads help to explain and nurture him to teach     he didnt have it in him        out of 4 brothers and 2 sisters       i hunt my kids hunt inc girls   my brothers go Tesco's  lazy ******** buy chicken nout else      when i bbq i tell them all   chicken and they love rabbit      😈my bad 

Edited by Saltings