Air magnum 850 co2 seal or o ring!

Old wils

Hi, I have fitted a new o ring for my gun and when I insert cartridge 88 g umarex co2 it spurts gas out the cylinder not the gun. 
 I tried a different one that’s also supposed to fit and it’s done the same? 
I have owned the gun from new in 2014 and never had any problems with it especially putting in new gas gas.

anyone else had the same or similar problems? 
could it be the valve the o ring fits in?  I purchased some from e bay and some from a gun shop both are slightly different to my original as it seems more stiffer unless that’s over age that’s caused it.

Any solutions would be appreciated.  Oh I always use umarex and pellgunoil and I always check for burrs and I’ve never had any. 

oldwils 

Is the old seal useable could you try that in the valve body again? and are the replacement seals correct? can you measure them, I don't assume a part is correct Its very easy to have a spec change, I had a seal kit for my LP mod 3 only the piston seal was of use and that was after machining the head to fit it!

Edited by Chaz25

Hi, I’ve spoken to a guy at umarex in Germany and he’s convinced it’s the valve as he reckons after 5/6 years I’ve done well. Also after trying a couple of times with different o rings I have ordered a valve at £96.00 and hoping that cures it. Thanks for your reply. I will update as soon as I have fitted it in my gun. 

18 hours ago, Old wils said:

Hi, I’ve spoken to a guy at umarex in Germany and he’s convinced it’s the valve as he reckons after 5/6 years I’ve done well. Also after trying a couple of times with different o rings I have ordered a valve at £96.00 and hoping that cures it. Thanks for your reply. I will update as soon as I have fitted it in my gun. 

Hope that sorts it for you, I like the look of these can I ask is it accurate and whats your thoughts on this gun? Cheers.

Hi, best gun I have ever purchased. It’s really accurate and quiet as it comes with a silencer and it also comes with sights and a bipod. 
i paid £325.00 in 2014 brand new from a gun store in Boston. I have read where some people have had some problems but that’s life. 

3 hours ago, Old wils said:

Hi, best gun I have ever purchased. It’s really accurate and quiet as it comes with a silencer and it also comes with sights and a bipod. 
i paid £325.00 in 2014 brand new from a gun store in Boston. I have read where some people have had some problems but that’s life. 

Thanks for that iv never used co2 and have looked at these before. Cheers. Ill have a look for one next time I'm at the gun shop. Hope it continues to give you good service once you have fixed it. ATB Tom. 

Best of fortune with it, my mates Winchester rep had problems with the valve body after only a few months so the replacement was free, not as well put together as I think they should be but he like the CO2 replica's, I have repaired a few of his (striped threads, leaking seals etc) I'm not impressed, hope yours has no more issue's 😁