Cancelled Let Days In November

macca2017

Does anybody have let Days now cancelled in November?  Just wondered what most shoots are doing.

Re-arranging the days in the hope that we can shoot again in December?

Returning deposits?

Carrying deposits over to next year?  

Thankfully I've only got one let day booked and will miss one syndicate date if shooting returns  on 2nd December

Shuffling going on with three days I have booked but fairly certain I can fit etra days in to compensate.  Did you see Hancock getting told the truth in Westminster by one of his own MPs. Reading the Telegraph this morning it appears they have made a complete mess of things and about time Witty and his mate got the push.

22 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Beaters days should be good! I wonder if they'l let us double gun? Or use semi auto?                    NB

How things are going, some of the bigger shoots might have to use beaters day to fit a cancelled day in , one shoot near mine have lost 20 odd days with the lockdown , no doubt they have got a full December and January already booked , so somehow they have got to find very few slots to fit another 20 odd days in and that's if we come out of lockdown when we are told it should be lifted , if it went on for another couple of weeks then a lot of shoots would be serious financial trouble .

20 minutes ago, marsh man said:

How things are going, some of the bigger shoots might have to use beaters day to fit a cancelled day in , one shoot near mine have lost 20 odd days with the lockdown , no doubt they have got a full December and January already booked , so somehow they have got to find very few slots to fit another 20 odd days in and that's if we come out of lockdown when we are told it should be lifted , if it went on for another couple of weeks then a lot of shoots would be serious financial trouble .

Welsh shoots had the local lockdowns, the FireBreak™️ and now English guns can’t get to their days. They have lost the entire season so far until at least 2 Dec. 

50 minutes ago, London Best said:

You have to remember that 20 days lost on a commercial shoot at an average of, say, 250 birds/day is in the region of £200,000  lost income. That IS serious financial trouble for many one man run businesses.

34 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Welsh shoots had the local lockdowns, the FireBreak™️ and now English guns can’t get to their days. They have lost the entire season so far until at least 2 Dec. 

Losing the income from the cancelled booked shoots is bad enough , if the say 20 days consisted of 250 bird days you will have to feed an extra 5000 birds in December that you didn't budget for , then to rearrange an extra 20 days over two months is not as easy as it sounds , beaters would be in demand as they the old hands would have a job turning up every day of the week for several weeks non stop , then the people who pick up need to rest there dogs if they have only got a couple of dogs , you have also got other shoots in the area trying to fit extra days in as well , then you could get added problems if travel restrictions were brought in play if and when the lockdown if lifted , this season will certainly go into the history books 

Some i know had decided to reduced the number of shoot days this season anyway. So guess they will have a bit of flexibility. Very still today, could hear plenty poping away round me to day. Seemed from more places than most other Saturdays. With things being so uncertain maybe some have decided to try something different (rough shooting?) now.       NB 

17 hours ago, marsh man said:

Losing the income from the cancelled booked shoots is bad enough , if the say 20 days consisted of 250 bird days you will have to feed an extra 5000 birds in December.

If you've land wigth good hedgerows and bits of scrubby field corners bordering on such a place the wise (or unscrupulous) will be putting down their own feeders and taking advantage. Pheasants if they've not food will go a wandering. I can see a chance at some good old school walked up days ahead.

3 hours ago, macca2017 said:

The  sensible thing would be to extend the season until the end of Feb,  however this won't happen as it would need to go to parliament to be voted on.

no thanks, i look forward to going fowling in feb after all the beating for the long tail shooters has finished 🙂

My two days in the Lammermuirs which I look forward to for 363 days are going ahead but without me.

Apparently driven shooting can continue in Scotland following a detailed risk assessment and sensible precautions but under the guidance in England I cannot travel to get there

Whilst disappointing there are more important things in life, staying Covid free being one of them.