Someone's Busy.

fatchap

I am expecting a steel delivery today, its being delivered by DPD they have emailed me the tracking number for their website and apparently I am delivery number 112 of 196 drops the driver has to do today.

He has just done delivery 11 at 8 O'clock. Got to be honest I am a bit skeptical that I am going to get my delivery today. I have done multidrop in the past, and that seems a ridiculous amount of work for one van.

You can imagine closer to Christmas if the lockdown continues how busy the like of Amazon etc are going to be if people can't get to the shops, online shopping will go mental, its always been bad but this year I think it would be wise to get in early.

He's now doing delivery number 16. Do the maths if he works up to about 10pm there's a chance he might get that lot cleared. But I bet he's heading back to the depot about 5-6pm. He seems to be in Hainault area at the moment.

Edited by fatchap

26 minutes ago, fatchap said:

I am expecting a steel delivery today, its being delivered by DPD they have emailed me the tracking number for their website and apparently I am delivery number 112 of 196 drops the driver has to do today.

He has just done delivery 11 at 8 O'clock. Got to be honest I am a bit skeptical that I am going to get my delivery today. I have done multidrop in the past, and that seems a ridiculous amount of work for one van.

You can imagine closer to Christmas if the lockdown continues how busy the like of Amazon etc are going to be if people can't get to the shops, online shopping will go mental, its always been bad but this year I think it would be wise to get in early.

Believe it or not, you will get your delivery.

Always found dpd really good but due to volumes they are using more agency drivers who don’t know the routes so well, so there is some slippage.

regarding the tracking of drivers, I once saw “my” driver sitting in his van in the village with a woman shouting at him through the window. He was early and couldn’t scan the package without censure so had to wait for the slot to start. She was not at all impressed.

Our DPD driver comes across from Carlisle  to the outskirts of stranraer every day . He has a 100 drops a day on average  he works  for himself and get 5 pounds a drop . Its a very rural route . 500 pounds a day may seem a lot , but he has to buy his own van , there is the upkeep for that.  If he wants a day of his dad covers the round . A great lad we get on well if I am out on the road he gives me a wave .

3 hours ago, AVB said:

I have always found DPD very reliable and their estimates of delivery time accurate. 

I've had one driver parked on the end of my drive with my delivery, he was early and wasn't allowed to deliver until the time window had opened, it was only a few minutes but you'd think they'd be allowed to deliver early if people are in as it gives more time for unexpected traffic problems, I can't complain about the service though just thought it was a shame he couldn't get away to his next delivery (my dad was a truck driver at the end of his career and getting to sites early and unloaded quick was a bonus if there were hold ups later in the day).

On 06/11/2020 at 13:58, welsh1 said:

Get a lot of deliveries from DPD he regularly has at least 100 customers, and if it says he will deliver at 14.30 - 15.30 he is usually there at 14.30, there are occasions when they may be a bit late , this was a few miles up the road two weeks ago.

122752862_1086441965149888_6515498572111325699_o.jpg

Think I know where that is, and it always amazed me how people fell of the road there 😂