Rav4 comments/suggestions?

Shearwater

2 hours ago, Shearwater said:

* I'm assuming your lux is a Hilux?

I'm leaning towards a RAV4 but have the CRV, Outlander and Xtrail on my shortlist and like yourself if there it clear the ground then it doesn't matter what drivetrain/tyres you have on it. I can't seem to find anywhere to find the ground clearance distances in order to compare, do you or anyone know where this info is?

I’ve owned both crv and Rav. 

crv better for comfort and bigger boot. 

Rav better on fuel, more sturdily built and better off road due to locking diff. 

2 hours ago, oscarsdad said:

I’ve owned both crv and Rav. 

crv better for comfort and bigger boot. 

Rav better on fuel, more sturdily built and better off road due to locking diff. 

I didn't know a RAV4 had a locking diff, do you know if they all do or what model do you have?

36 minutes ago, Shearwater said:

I didn't know a RAV4 had a locking diff, do you know if they all do or what model do you have?

I don’t know about other models...I know on the 2wd version the button is there and does something to traction control settings but as to whether all 4wd versions have it not sure. 

4 hours ago, Shearwater said:

My 20 year old 3 door RAV4 has Diff Lock and is permanent 4 wheel drive but I don’t know about later models.

OB

28 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

My 20 year old 3 door RAV4 has Diff Lock and is permanent 4 wheel drive but I don’t know about later models.

OB

I am sure the diff lock will only lock the centre differential, which is necessary for a permanent 4x4 to drive o the roads without scrubbing tyres.  
It will not lock the axle diffs.