OK I am no lectrician...

Walker570

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

.... I have one of those variable units for a whirly which I wish to fix to a motor driving the tail on a squirrel decoy.  12v motor and would like to have it run through a switch.

Anyone here ..... i'm sure there is ,.... who could give me a wiring diagram. 

Have a look on utube or Google it loads of easy to follow stuff on there. I've been teaching myself most of it is simple stuff. The main thing I've learned on 12 volt is fit the appropriate inline fuse. 

32 minutes ago, mellors said:

Have a look on utube or Google it loads of easy to follow stuff on there. I've been teaching myself most of it is simple stuff. The main thing I've learned on 12 volt is fit the appropriate inline fuse. 

I've had a look if you've already got the motor doing what you want then you Could tape one of these to the top of the battery connect it in line and just switch it on and off remotely from your hide. There pretty good up to 30 yds. Loads on the bay not much money. 

IMG_20201003_090923848.jpg

27 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Just ordered one. Not the cheapest but the only one I could find which guaranteed a 25m range.  Might get it by next weekend.

Don't worry about the distance. A two core extension lead to bring it closer will sort that out. I've got one on 30 meter extension lead with an ff6 on my lofting poles. The unit is only 10 metres away and runs on and off on timer all day on a 5 amp 12 volt battery.