Festival of Remembrance

AVB

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Regreattble, but true, blackbird. I wonder if people will even bother at all in 100 yearts time?

Normally Remembrance Day is respected by people but I feel that it has been overshadowed by covid this year. I can’t see it going on 20 years though let alone 100.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A disgusting assault on a veteran piper by the Met Police again today all on camera and instead of arresting the offending police officer/s two where involved, they arrested the veteran who was pushed so violently he was knocked down to the ground.   Makes me sick to think I was once wearing the same uniform.

8 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Don't know how Blair (the warmonger) can turn up and show his face at this...

He will be getting all notalgic about the good old days. The man should face charges, weapons of mass destruction, this knob of the highest order is directly responsible for lots of the dead 

As for rapping the lord's prayer, let's see how they get on rapping other religions prayers on TV on a similar momentous occasion.  Think it would happen, they should be sacked whoever decided that was a good idea and let it happen.

I have children and young nephews and nieces none of them are into rapp music. 

Edited by figgy

35 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

It didn't look good at first glance. Watching it a few times, the piper deliberately went straight into the Policeman who pushed him away. He went down very easily - cue crowd overreaction.

The cynic in me thinks he got the reaction he intended. I hope I am wrong.

I don’t think you’re wrong at all.

hearing a set up i to had a further look at several takes on it having ejected idiots I know what a violent shove is veteran or fool had he gone backwards he could easily have fractured his skull at best it called for a grip of him for arrest not violently shoving him to the ground then arrest to cover over reaction veteran or fool nobody deserved this treatment 

8 hours ago, Gordon R said:

It didn't look good at first glance. Watching it a few times, the piper deliberately went straight into the Policeman who pushed him away. He went down very easily - cue crowd overreaction.

The cynic in me thinks he got the reaction he intended. I hope I am wrong.

I thought he went down rather easily also. 
Personally I didn’t think the copper needed to be so aggressive, but on the whole I think the piper made a fool of himself.  

3 of one 9 of the other piper/policeman.

When I first saw that I was absolutely horrified shouting out and causing my wife to come running through. Then later some "xxxx patriot" actually posted up footage of the piper afterwards which shows he was out to get a reaction from the police.

The fact of the matter is though that there was no way the police should have reacted like that - even if it seems the guy fell over a bit easier

20 minutes ago, discobob said:

3 of one 9 of the other piper/policeman.

I am more 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

1. The piper set out (as has apparently admitted as such) to provoke - a disrespectful and stupid thing to do on a solemn occasion
  2. The police responded badly - and rose to the provocation- something they should know better than to do - again a disrespectful and stupid thing to do on a solemn occasion

So BOTH are guilty of great disrespect, and both are guilty of behaving stupidly.

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

A disgusting assault on a veteran piper by the Met Police again today all on camera and instead of arresting the offending police officer/s two where involved, they arrested the veteran who was pushed so violently he was knocked down to the ground.   Makes me sick to think I was once wearing the same uniform.

Walker570, if the same incident I have watched, you are way off the mark.

The piper walked directly into a line of cops who incidentally had herras fencing behind them. He was going nowhere and never got arrested.

He was part of a group of "anti maskers" who had the audacity to try and hijack Remembrance Day for their own agenda.

There are interviews with the pillock on Twitter where he readily admits it was all set up.

I also wore the same uniform as yourself and served in the Military before that. 

I just think that as currently serving police they need to be the ones that hold the moral ground and should not be pushing people over like that. Don't forget the piper had both hands on the bagpipe - however, please don't get me wrong - I am not defending the bagpipe player in that they shouldn't be trying stuff like that - I think that the police should have just held their ground.

Perhaps it more indicative of what leadership they are getting though?? (the police)

I watched a live stream the other night of the protest in London - and I said to my wife that they (police) are getting the women to try and instigate the crowd. This was also reported the next day by some sources - overall over 100 were arrested there