Festival of Remembrance

AVB

45 minutes ago, discobob said:

I just think that as currently serving police they need to be the ones that hold the moral ground and should not be pushing people over like that.

I'm not going to argue and agree that there is blame on both sides.  I have to say that being faced with bagpipes at close quarters is 'unpleasant'.  They are an instrument best enjoyed (if you enjoy that sort of thing) at a distance!

I happen to think that 'anti-maskers' deserve to be punished and stopped.  The rules are there for a reason - and if you don't agree with it - you still have to obey the rules.  The statute book i=s peppered with rules that some don't agree with;

• Compulsory no smoking in pubs
  • Compulsory seat belts
  • Speed limits
  • Congestion/Low emission charge zones
  • State pension age changes

The list is nearly endless - but at the end of the day - lots do agree and everyone needs to comply. 

Turning Remembrance into a protest about 'anti-masks' is pretty despicable in my view.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bobthedug said:

Walker570, if the same incident I have watched, you are way off the mark.

The piper walked directly into a line of cops who incidentally had herras fencing behind them. He was going nowhere and never got arrested.

He was part of a group of "anti maskers" who had the audacity to try and hijack Remembrance Day for their own agenda.

There are interviews with the pillock on Twitter where he readily admits it was all set up.

I also wore the same uniform as yourself and served in the Military before that. 

The reponse from the two police officers did the service no good whatsoever. They could have simply blocked his way and turned him around. Instead they violently attacked him and threw him to the ground.   If he wasn't arrested then why driven away in a police van. Looked like an arrest to me but to save face some SENSIBLE police officer in charge brushed him off and sent him on his way. 

I have watched various videos of this incident and still stand by my view.  It all looked like a peaceful protest against a stupid pathetic response from our Government.

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have to say that being faced with bagpipes at close quarters is 'unpleasant'.  They are an instrument best enjoyed (if you enjoy that sort of thing) at a distance!

The reason you have to use 2 hands and an elbow with them - to stop them escaping and attacking people - in the right hands they are amazing - in the wrong hands they are a weapon of mass destruction!!!!

1 minute ago, discobob said:

The reason you have to use 2 hands and an elbow with them - to stop them escaping and attacking people - in the right hands they are amazing - in the wrong hands they are a weapon of mass destruction!!!!

In 2012 I attended the centenary memorial service to Capt. Scott which was in St Paul's Cathedral. 

The lower down the guest list scale you were, the earlier you had to be there and in your allocated place.  Needless to say - I was in the first lot!  The great and the good were able to come in later followed by the politicians ........ with the Royals last (apart possibly from the clergy).

To keep us 'ordinaries' quiet and subdued they had arranged a large military band of pipers, which we were to enjoy endure whilst waiting (for probably the best part of an hour).  Now St. Paul's is a large building ........ but multiple bagpipes indoors ........... the (no doubt capable of being loud) organ of St. Paul's was almost inaudible afterwards.

47 minutes ago, discobob said:

The definition of a gentleman is "One who knows how to play the bagpipes, but refrains from doing so"

Everything I'm seeing about this elsewhere suggests it was a deliberate stunt by some pleb wanting attention, which is pretty tasteless given the occasion.

The only redeeming feature in the whole thing as far as I can see is that if you listen to the audio without watching the vid footage it sounds pretty hilarious.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

The reponse from the two police officers did the service no good whatsoever. They could have simply blocked his way and turned him around. Instead they violently attacked him and threw him to the ground.   If he wasn't arrested then why driven away in a police van. Looked like an arrest to me but to save face some SENSIBLE police officer in charge brushed him off and sent him on his way. 

I have watched various videos of this incident and still stand by my view.  It all looked like a peaceful protest against a stupid pathetic response from our Government.

Threw him to the ground and violently attacked him  must go and get my eyes tested me thinks 

52 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

In 2012 I attended the centenary memorial service to Capt. Scott which was in St Paul's Cathedral. 

The lower down the guest list scale you were, the earlier you had to be there and in your allocated place.  Needless to say - I was in the first lot!  The great and the good were able to come in later followed by the politicians ........ with the Royals last (apart possibly from the clergy).

To keep us 'ordinaries' quiet and subdued they had arranged a large military band of pipers, which we were to enjoy endure whilst waiting (for probably the best part of an hour).  Now St. Paul's is a large building ........ but multiple bagpipes indoors ........... the (no doubt capable of being loud) organ of St. Paul's was almost inaudible afterwards.

No consideration for your human rights then?

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

From your response and description of events, I have my doubts that you were a police officer.

You have stated they could have simply blocked him and turned him around.

They had "simply blocked him" by forming a line.  The reaction of the cop was to deliver a "fend off". Standard tactic to all officers. Piper fell due to being pushed

As to  violently attacking him and throwing him to the ground. If you were a cop, I sincerely hope that you did not use the same "interpretation of events" when submitting you Police Reports.

8 minutes ago, AULD YIN said:

Seems you have reversed  Walkers statement on his post ,so yes i would agree you need your eyes tested and some reading lessons 

Auld yin, I also read that as what Walker570 is saying.

8 minutes ago, crosswaters said:

So you condone braking the law eh.

Him and his mob were out to cause trouble and if you can't see that then you should get a eye test .

And no to you remark.

Out of interest what law do you believe he broke that warranted ‘locking up’

13 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

Am I the only one who has watched this video and seen some idiot fall to the floor quicker & easier than a Premier League footballer? On the plus side it stopped him making that awful racket 

😂 I almost likened it to a Premiership footballer in my initial post, but thought better of it. 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂 I almost likened it to a Premiership footballer in my initial post, but thought better of it. 

Recently watched match of the day mate so it was on my mind 😂, what they do for a penalty nowadays is quite something, I reckon if that Police Officer sneezed he would of still gone over 

2 hours ago, AULD YIN said:

So pointing out your mistake/interpretation of walkers post makes me a condoner of law breaking, police as well as the public should be accountable for their actions 

And that also applies to that fool blowing that wind bag

Threating the police and backed up by the other fools(mob) should also be accountable for their actions so lock em up     

Well,,,, another thread gone off on a tangent, albeit 'tenuously related'.

On this subject,,,, my viewing of this clip, linked by TC and on BBC NEWS [haven't seen any others], shows the "fool blowing that windbag" deliberately walking close to the police line and deliberately turning into them,,,, why, only he knows. The two police officers in question push out to keep him away from them. The taller of the pair pushes his arms out in a controlled manner [IMO] but the shorter of the pair pushes out with his whole body behind the shove, deliberately pushing with effort rather than just a 'keep your distance' arm reach,,,, like the taller PC. That's what I saw 🤔

Then the "footballer's TRIP",,,, he obviously stumbled backwards then tripped over A) Someone else's feet. B) The lowered curb. C) His own feet. D) All three. He then landed on his derriere....

I'm sure this will be investigated, but I'm not going to be losing any sleep over a decision for or against either side 😏

Back to the OP....

I usually watch the titled programme, and turned this one on and,,,, 10 seconds later turned it off in disgust !!!

Don’t know who this was changed for or who it was aimed at, but someone [or more than one] high up in the beeb[?] made an incorrect decision,,,, IMHO 😕

Edited by JKD
Spelling

The piper can't have it both ways.

Either he was violently thrown to the ground, by a brutal Policeman or he deliberately walked into the Policeman and threw himself to the ground.

The video says the latter. His own video, boasting about how he did it, supports that view.

I find it appalling that he chose that occasion for his amateur dramatics.