If I fired a .22 cleaning pellet, felt I think, through my AA s410 xtra fac, which has a shrouded barrel, would it exit ok ?

The barrel ends a couple of inches in. I am concerned the 34 ft/ lbs energy might break up the felt pellet, or it might catch in the shroud.

Or will the power just whoosh it out ?

I have no actual idea, but my guess would be that it would exit no problem. But if you are worried and need to clean the barrel just use a pull through and some patches, for my S410 I usually use 20lb fishing line doubled up to make a loop, feed in through the muzzle and pull some patches to give it a clean. It's recommended to do this upside-down.

What is it you are hoping to clean out? There is no powder residue so cross that one off. There may be some leading but a felt pellet is not going to shift that.  A .22 cleaning rod is not that expensive and a phospher bronze brush might be more use.

My local gun shop Solware is considered a top shop for air rifle advice and I asked about cleaning the barrel and all I got was a vigerous shaking of the head. My rifles continue to shoot accurately so I take that advise.

On the other hand.. 

My mpr barrel gets a clean through at least every tin, usually every 250 pellets or so. If it doesn't the accuracy goes off and I start getting the odd flyer. 

Mates Steyr barrel gets cleaned eafter each comp. 

If you're happy with it then leave it alone. It does take a few pellets to come back. 

Hello, just buy some ciggy filters soaked in white spirit 

👍 I would only clean a new air rifle barrel, and I now use LT 1 pellet lube, well for the last 10 years, cheaper and better than Napier 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I have only ever had to clean a career 707 barrel as it started shooting all over the place, the muck that came out of it was unreal. 
After that it shot perfectly and has ever since, I have no idea what the last owner put down the barrel to get it that dirty!

I agree, everyone has their own idea of when to clean. 

This is just an annual clean of all rifles.

I have put a pull through, through it, using the straw trick to protect the crown. I was hoping that a cleaning pellet would get anything that the patch could miss. I have only ever cleaned it once before and was curious about trying something different.