Cleaning pellets

30-6

If I fired a .22 cleaning pellet, felt I think, through my AA s410 xtra fac, which has a shrouded barrel, would it exit ok ?

The barrel ends a couple of inches in. I am concerned the 34 ft/ lbs energy might break up the felt pellet, or it might catch in the shroud.

Or will the power just whoosh it out ?

I have no actual idea, but my guess would be that it would exit no problem. But if you are worried and need to clean the barrel just use a pull through and some patches, for my S410 I usually use 20lb fishing line doubled up to make a loop, feed in through the muzzle and pull some patches to give it a clean. It's recommended to do this upside-down.

On the other hand.. 

My mpr barrel gets a clean through at least every tin, usually every 250 pellets or so. If it doesn't the accuracy goes off and I start getting the odd flyer. 

Mates Steyr barrel gets cleaned eafter each comp. 

If you're happy with it then leave it alone. It does take a few pellets to come back. 

I agree, everyone has their own idea of when to clean. 

This is just an annual clean of all rifles.

I have put a pull through, through it, using the straw trick to protect the crown. I was hoping that a cleaning pellet would get anything that the patch could miss. I have only ever cleaned it once before and was curious about trying something different.

• 3 weeks later...

On springers I never cleaned the barrels, only after getting wet would I shoot oiled toilet roll through it a few times to make sure it didn't rust. It was very accurate. Lead will only build to a certain level and then becomes self cleaning, if your gun is still accurate great. 

As PCP guns don't put lube down the barrel as the shoot like a springer does, they foul up more, power drops and accuracy can go off. 

Soon as my groups open or I get more flyers it gets a thorough cleaning, couple of mags to lead back in and fine for about 1000 shots if I lube the pellets, if not around s tin and needs cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...