Remington gone belly up.

Robertt

Watched something on this a few weeks ago. Being broken up and sold off. Ammo being bought out by one of the big manufacturers. 

Been very poorly ran for years, might still make decent firearms in future. Look at Winchester or benelli, both owned by by others but still making their own guns. 

24 minutes ago, figgy said:

Watched something on this a few weeks ago. Being broken up and sold off. Ammo being bought out by one of the big manufacturers. 

Been very poorly ran for years, might still make decent firearms in future. Look at Winchester or benelli, both owned by by others but still making their own guns. 

Yep. My RFD was telling me something was up some months back when I was on about the 22WMR Accutips. As Richard Lee wrote ages ago and which is bound to become even more true, ammunition is made by accountants.

Still, every cloud and all that, it will make my choice of food for the above calibre easier. Their 17HMR offering with no problems was best for me in my rifle by a country mile.

Ruger have acquired the name rights to Marlin. But only bid on such they didn't want, so I understand, the machinery (such as what there was) or the premises.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2020/10/ruger-acquires-marlin-firearms/

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shooting/culture/ruger-acquires-marlin-firearms-is-official-now/

Not only did Remington have the trigger issues but there re-birth of a modern re-incarnation of the classic and reliable P-51 pistol spawned a product that didn't work and had to then be sorted out as v2.

Yes, I believe they have been bankrupted a few times before.  The interesting thing this time is that all products have been removed from its website excepting ammunition.

I believe that Vista Group has bought the ammunition arm together with the name and trademarks whilst Roundhill Group has bought the firearm manufacturing.  Various other parts have gone to other parties including Ruger that have taken Marlin as I understand it.

Tim

4 hours ago, Touchstone said:

Yes, I believe they have been bankrupted a few times before.  The interesting thing this time is that all products have been removed from its website excepting ammunition.

I believe that Vista Group has bought the ammunition arm together with the name and trademarks whilst Roundhill Group has bought the firearm manufacturing.  Various other parts have gone to other parties including Ruger that have taken Marlin as I understand it.

Tim

They might have a lot of Ammunition in stock. Gun making has been drastically scaled down.

I've been looking into buying a new .410 and the small gauge semi auto Remington was something I was looking for.  Went on the website and could find only ammo for sale.  Just seen this thread which explains it.

What's going to happen going forwards? Will someone else buy them out and carry on the Remington name? Will their old stalwart guns still be made?

Remington 870 and 1100 are names that I think most gun owners know - even if they've never owned one.  I think the 870 is the worlds most prolific shotgun.  

Edited by Shadowchaser