SGC arrived

MWildfowler

Fabulous feeling, and one I  remember well. Mine was a FAC, for handguns; I was 26 and had been a gun nut for as long as I could remember, and never ever thought I’d one day be able to legally own my own. 
I went to a RFD down the M6 somewhere fully intending to buy a S&W M686 and came away with an absolutely stunning nickel plated S&W M19. A wonderful day. 
Get out there and have fun ASAP. 👍

Just now, old'un said:

You don't have to wait till then, plenty for sale on here, sooooo, what type of gun do you have in mind?

Semi auto, preferably the armsan a612 or the Winchester sx3 or sx4 but I’m open really and it all depends on the gun fit. 

So if someone does buy from of here does that not go against the lockdown rules? 

37 minutes ago, MWildfowler said:

Semi auto, preferably the armsan a612 or the Winchester sx3 or sx4 but I’m open really and it all depends on the gun fit. 

So if someone does buy from of here does that not go against the lockdown rules? 

not sure but there are plenty being advertised, so I presume its ok to sell and buy guns, I am sure someone will be along shortly to put me right.

Edited by old'un

11 hours ago, MWildfowler said:

@Strawbridge I know how difficult it can be waiting for things you really want! But try and have a bit of patience and it’ll all pay off! The longer you wait for something the better it is when you get it! Keep us posted on any updates bud!

You are 100% right, I can be patient, it is frustrating, mainly because I've been spending a load of money on lessons so I can get out shooting at clays at least, but there is so much pain going on in the world, this waiting is really insignificant compared to what gamekeepers and shoot managers are going through right now, thanks for the perspective check @MWildfowler I'll look forward to next season, I might actually be able to hit more then as well :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2020 at 11:46, MWildfowler said:

@Strawbridgeany update bud?

Not yet unfortunatly, the A&S website has been updated from not taking new grants to significant delays though, so I'm assuming they've started to process them again, fingers crossed :)

On 25/11/2020 at 06:33, Kojak_79 said:

Been waiting 16 weeks and not heard anyhting from south yorkshire.

😞 I'll let you know when I finally hear something, hopefully it's not too much longer for both of us