Wanted: 8 gauge reloading

guy baxendale

Make your own overshot cards, also make your own de capper, dowel with a nail or screw in will push them out over a hole.  I sometimes just push the new primers in on a flat surface with ather price of dowel.

There is always fes Kent and a reloading place in Scotland to try for shot. Henry Kranks also stock some stuff.

Edited by figgy

And you could always make your own shot, i have made a couple of kilos of Bismuth BB's, it takes a bit of time  but it works out at less than 1/2 the price of buying ready made shot.

you can get a BB mould from  HERE its quite easy to alloy your own bismuth just add 6% tin solder  and you have bismuth shot that wont shatter or crack.

PM's replied to 

I think i have sorted the cards and the bismuth - still looking for help on the de/re capper

17 hours ago, aberisle said:

And you could always make your own shot, i have made a couple of kilos of Bismuth BB's, it takes a bit of time  but it works out at less than 1/2 the price of buying ready made shot.

you can get a BB mould from  HERE its quite easy to alloy your own bismuth just add 6% tin solder  and you have bismuth shot that wont shatter or crack.

Thanks - time is in short supply so probably not for me (the prepper in me quite likes the idea of making my own though)

1 hour ago, motty said:

What do you expect? Claygame are absolutely hopeless!!

I'll give them a pass due to COVID i think getting anything imported is a nightmare at the moment

4 hours ago, guy baxendale said:

PM's replied to 

I think i have sorted the cards and the bismuth - still looking for help on the de/re capper

Thanks - time is in short supply so probably not for me (the prepper in me quite likes the idea of making my own though)

I'll give them a pass due to COVID i think getting anything imported is a nightmare at the moment

Capper Decapper are rare and expensive so make your own.

decap with hard wood block with a hole in it and tap the primer out with a steel rod of suitable diameter set in a dowel. You can recap by tapping in with an oversize brass rod and dowel or press in with a G cramp. Has always worked for me.

good luck.

2 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Capper Decapper are rare and expensive so make your own.

decap with hard wood block with a hole in it and tap the primer out with a steel rod of suitable diameter set in a dowel. You can recap by tapping in with an oversize brass rod and dowel or press in with a G cramp. Has always worked for me.

good luck.

Thanks Dave - i'm certainly not waiting till i find one but it would be a nice thing to have.

On 09/11/2020 at 19:54, aberisle said:

So is Bismuth just a tin lead alloy?? 

22 hours ago, aberisle said:

No to make bismuth for shot you buy 1 kilo of pure bismuth and then add 60 grams of tin solder melt it and mix it through and you have  6% tin bismuth alloy, a kilo of Bismuth costs about £29 at the moment, i have managed to get it as low as £17 per kilo in the past.

Much cheaper than getting it ready made and better if it dont shatter. A 10 or 8 bore might just end up in the cabinet after all 🤔