Finishing Pine

welshwarrior

Daf , if your wanted to have an aged look to it . Have a read up on Briawax.  Its used a a oil has been used in the antique  trade for years to age a piece . You will also see used a lot on pine stripped door  its hard work and should be used in a well ventilated  area .

Screenshot_20201109-084056_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by johnphilip

4 hours ago, peck said:

Try watching Norm Abram. Lots of ideas as to finishing projects.

https://www.newyankee.com/watch/  Look for episodes where he uses pine, watch from about 23 minutes for finishing.

Now there's a program I've not seen in years!! Used to watch it all the time 20+years ago.

Seems a pretty sad thing to admit!!

Edd

1 hour ago, welshwarrior said:

Don’t want it painted we have pine floors and other house details so want the pine to stand by it’s self. 

you could use floor varnish tough as hell and expensive      refurbed  old floors   done floors about 15 yrs ago   two cotes still good today  without anything else   cant remember the brand it was a chocolate brown tin varnish was as clear as water  the painter has passed away so cant ask what he used i know back then it was £60+ change for 2.5 l   user friendly          when i served my time we used gleam  alley varnish on furniture and dance hall floors  hard as hell high as a kite  after 10 min 

now non toxic and water based  the water based low   ouder / stink       however stink in a different way but give a good finish depending on humidity it wont dry air circulation is key   too much humidity or moisture will be cloudy       given time of year spirit based finish a couple of days longer to harden before a second cote     spirit based you should be good       

Edited by Saltings