MTC Viper v Hawke Sidewinder

rayo

I have the Hawke Sidewinder and cannot fault it and tree rats keep falling over dead.  Do not know anyhting about the MTC.

The one thing I have done on all of my variables is fit one of those straps onto the adjustment screw which makes moving the adjustment so much easier in a hurry.

003.jpg

Edited by Walker570

I've had both. Both really good scopes. I found the Sidewinder reticle just too fine for me and the Viper far superior. Of all the lower end scopes I've had, I personally prefer the MTC scopes and the turret arrangement. Those sizes of your choice are quiet weighty, as I found. I have the 4-16x50 Viper on my 223, and can pop squirrels at 250+ yards. I opted for something a little smaller on the Fac Airwolf, and bought an Optisan EVX. 4-16x44i. Just that bit smaller over the 50, and really good optics. Its millrad  over MOA which is a good facility. I found the HW100 a fantastic rifle, but am weight averse these days😂

Good luck, hope this info is useful.

On 09/11/2020 at 11:20, Walker570 said:

I have the Hawke Sidewinder and cannot fault it and tree rats keep falling over dead.  Do not know anyhting about the MTC.

The one thing I have done on all of my variables is fit one of those straps onto the adjustment screw which makes moving the adjustment so much easier in a hurry.

003.jpg

Many thanks to Walker 570

If anyone else is suffering as I now am, these are:

Breakaway Black Nylon Coaster Clips which are available from either of the two usual suspects