R.I.P

NatureBoy

Prue Coats. Bit late, only just found out. Died at home aged 95 on 26th October. Any donations to CRT. I am surprised no mention on here or in shooting press! Have signed copy of her book Poachers cookbook. Great simple game recipe's and advice. Just like Archie's books on shooting and accompanied Ian Niall's classic book, Poachers Handbook. Blessed be Prue!    NB

1 hour ago, NatureBoy said:

Prue Coats. Bit late, only just found out. Died at home aged 95 on 26th October. Any donations to CRT. I am surprised no mention on here or in shooting press! Have signed copy of her book Poachers cookbook. Great simple game recipe's and advice. Just like Archie's books on shooting and accompanied Ian Niall's classic book, Poachers Handbook. Blessed be Prue!    NB

That's sad news - for some reason I had assumed she died a number of years ago.

I've just finished a portion of her wonderful wild duck, madeira and mushroom soup (page 2 of Prues New Country Kitchen).

I make a point of buying her cookery books whenever I come across one (I dont already have) - because with the exception of one recipie (a salmon mousse), they have all been exceptional and fairly straight forward to follow.

Along with the duck soup mentiond above, the pigeon and kidney suet pudding that features in Pigeon Shooting by Archie Coates is my other personal favourite (after ramping up the juniper)

Edited by PeterHenry