Need a new semi auto

B391

I have decided to buy a new or nearly new semi auto and would appreciate any advice or opinions on the following choices. 

Needs to be 12g and I only shoot sporting and skeet. Not too worried about composite or wood, but I really don't like the blue receiver on the A400 sporting.

The guns that I am thinking about are:

Beretta A300 Outlander

Beretta A400 

Winchester SX4

Browning Maxus

Thanks in advance

As the saying goes, there can be only one, for sporting clays. The Benelli SuperSport, it beats the rest hands down, buy a good used one and enjoy the best auto there is around.

It's all I shoot at clays for last few years, have a browning Maxus for Wildfowling I occasionally take clay shooting to keep my eye in with it.  I've had Beretta's and the SX3. 

Try them all if you can as you may like one more than the rest.

12 minutes ago, figgy said:

As the saying goes, there can be only one, for sporting clays. The Benelli SuperSport, it beats the rest hands down, buy a good used one and enjoy the best auto there is around.

Breiley guns has a mint one in for £1295, had a look at it a few weeks back, lovely thing. 

18 hours ago, figgy said:

It's all I shoot at clays for last few years, have a browning Maxus for Wildfowling I occasionally take clay shooting to keep my eye in with it.  I've had Beretta's and the SX3. 

👍 

18 hours ago, figgy said:

Yeah, I’d have to agree. I picked up a Benelli catalogue when last at RFD’s, and I have to admit the SuperSport looks the dogs danglies. 
I played with going down the S1 route with a short barrelled M2, but may simply have my M1 Super 90 converted instead.

None of the other guns in the catalogue do a lot for me to be honest ( plug ugly ) but if I were looking for a dedicated trap auto, I think the SuperSport would be it.  

8 minutes ago, Wylye said:

I know its not on your list but I have a mint 28ins Beretta Urika sporting for sale for no money. Optima chokes, cased with all the bits.

I had a Urika 391 a few years ago and couldn't hit a barn door with it, as it was 2nd hand i managed to trade it back for the same money and bought a Remy 11-87 which I liked until the mag tube cracked off the receiver.

Like the sound of the Supersport, just not too sure about fake carbon fibre though. Same thoughts about the Maxus Sport in carbon as well.

9 hours ago, B391 said:

Do you use the A400 for game or clays, or both?

Interested to know what it is like for sporting clays

Thanks 

I shoot a Beretta A400 xplor, best clay gun I have ever had, sporting, skeet, trap 28"  shoots everything.

B391 

You haven't seen the supersport 2 then with wooden stock and forend.  The best clay bashing auto don't just come with faux carbon stock.

Link to pictures of one, now sold but gives you an idea how they look.

https://www.mulliners.co.uk/gun-product/benelli-raffaelo-super-sport-11-semi-auto-12ga/

I have shot a few A400 autos on clays and find them numb, some love them but of Beretta the teknys stonecoat was nicer handling for clays.

Edited by figgy