burger seasoning

peejay

Don’t know where this came from but if little un is cooking burgers first they are smothered in bbq sauce left overnight in fridge , bit salt and pepper then cooked 

she mixes up 50/50 salad cream and ketchup adds finely chopped onion and dresses burger up in roll with a big dollop 

sounds a faff but it’s actually tasty ! 

39 minutes ago, aberisle said:

There are plenty of burger mix/seasonings at this place i tried some last year and will be getting more this year i think i will try the Hickory smoke mix .

https://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/burger-making/seasonings/mixes.html

These are pretty good, as are tongmaster. Some chopped onion, herbs and pepper can go a long way on their own though and you'll have those already in the kitchen. Fry a little of the mix and test and then alter accordingly if needed. 

2 tbsp Paprika + 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika + 2 tbsp Black Pepper + 2 tbsp Salt (not table salt - use crystals) + 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar + 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder + 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder + 1 tsp Cumin. Rub it in at 1 & 1/2 teaspoons per 500g mince. When you've mixed it pop it in the freezer for half hour before shaping.

I’ve had a roe buck that I put through a hand mincer along with pork belly, and another half that I put through with beef 20% beef mince. I think I had about 30% of the belly / mince to venison. 

I didn’t add any special seasoning mix just S&P and some paprika etc I think. And as a hand mincer it came out almost like mush rather than mince 😬

I tried to make burgers and both types were horrible. 

Very dry, not very nice at all. 

We often have venison when eating out. As well as venison burgers, sausages and chillis etc, and venison stew and pies. I absolutely love venison whenever I buy it in but the venison I have done from the animals I’ve shot has always been disappointing. 

Wish I knew what I was doing wrong. 

17 hours ago, captainhastings said:

I have noticed when I have minced either goose or pigeon espeacially it tends to be very wet and mushy 

Yes it didn’t help. 

Maybe I had to add some sort of binder. 

When I buy ready made venison burgers from ALDI or similar when they have them in we love them. So it’s not that we don’t like venison. 

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Maybe I had to add some sort of binder. 

When I buy ready made venison burgers from ALDI or similar when they have them in we love them. So it’s not that we don’t like venison. 

You grind it to fine, I use the plate with the largest holes for game meat.

No need to mix in other meat or fat either, for seasoning and binding just add a bit of salt, let the ground meat rest for a bit and then press it in a burger press, the harder the better. No good burger press? Then go get one...

Season the burger with a bit of pepper when frying them and don't cook them for too long, keep them pink in the middle.

/Markus 

2 hours ago, Nuke said:

You grind it to fine, I use the plate with the largest holes for game meat.

No need to mix in other meat or fat either, for seasoning and binding just add a bit of salt, let the ground meat rest for a bit and then press it in a burger press, the harder the better. No good burger press? Then go get one...

Season the burger with a bit of pepper when frying them and don't cook them for too long, keep them pink in the middle.

/Markus 

This is how I do it. 

• 5 months later...
On 10/11/2020 at 22:36, GingerCat said:

These are pretty good, as are tongmaster. Some chopped onion, herbs and pepper can go a long way on their own though and you'll have those already in the kitchen. Fry a little of the mix and test and then alter accordingly if needed. 

👍👍👍 Thumbs up for the tongmaster burger and sausage seasonings and butchers sundries are both very very good in my experience